Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt> on 2013/06/30 11:35:16 UTC

Proofing Tool GUI V2.0 - Released

Hello!

I have released V2.0 of my tool. I have edited the Dictionary Wiki page
inserting the information and link.

The date is 1-JUL-2013 but, since the tool has been ready already, I
released it one day before (although in some parts of the world it is
already Monday).

The site for my tool is:
http://marcoagpinto.cidadevirtual.pt/proofingtoolgui.html

I believe it now works with all Linuxes, even though there is a speed
issue in Linux while opening the spellers and thesaurus.

In Windows it works very well though.

Thanks for your time!

Kind regards,
          -----------------------

Re: Proofing Tool GUI V2.0 - Released

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
> I have released V2.0 of my tool. I have edited the Dictionary Wiki page
> inserting the information and link.

I had a look at the dictionary editing functionality and it works, nice!

Maybe (for version 3, let's say...) it would be more intuitive to
introduce an area where the tool shows all derived words, so that people
know what to put after the "/". This would require to implement quite
complex capabilities since the tool would need to understand .aff files,
but it would help people in finding the right classification of words by
providing real examples.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Proofing Tool GUI V2.0 - Released