Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Stuart Maclean <st...@apl.washington.edu> on 2005/08/26 22:12:36 UTC

ant shell wrapper surprise, try to run version A, runs version B

OS is Linux.  ANT_HOME is set to /path/to/ant-1.6.5.

Now, I want to run an older version of Ant for some reason, so I fully
qualify the script at the shell cmd line

% /path/to/ant-1.6.2/bin/ant

and it STILL runs 1.6.5.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr.  The ant script (for 1.6.2
anyways, and 1.6.5 looks the same to me) checks FIRST to see if ANT_HOME
is defined, and if it is, go with it.  Shouldn't it FIRST check $0 to
see if it could derive an ANT_HOME from that, using eg dirname.  grrrr

Stu

> OS is Linux.  ANT_HOME is set to /path/to/ant-1.6.5.
>
> Now, I want to run an older version of Ant for some reason, so I fully
> qualify the script at the shell cmd line
>
> % /path/to/ant-1.6.2/bin/ant
>
> and it STILL runs 1.6.5.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr.  The ant script (for 1.6.2
> anyways, and 1.6.5 looks the same to me) checks FIRST to see if ANT_HOME
> is defined, and if it is, go with it.  Shouldn't it FIRST check $0 to
> see if it could derive an ANT_HOME from that, using eg dirname.  grrrr
>
> Stu

Could also be the rpm stuff interfering too. Try with --noconfig to skip
processing the /etc/ stuff. --DD