Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Ajan Balakrishnan <AB...@ForestExpress.com> on 2001/10/18 01:05:44 UTC

Jetspeed URL redirection question

Re: Jetspeed URL redirection question

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.
Ajan,
You will not find the files, because they do not exist.  Jetspeed
interprets the URL and determines what need to be returned to the
browser.  I suggest you review Jetspeed's web site,
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed

Also this message was CC: to the jetspeed-dev mailing list.  Only post a
message to 1 mailing list. In this case the jetspeed-user was the
appropriate list.

Paul Spencer

AW: Velocity / JSP / XML & XSLT : Why ???

Posted by Norman Schöneich <sc...@ecooperate.de>.
This sounds very interesting.
If I could help in some way, tell me !

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.

Re: Velocity / JSP / XML & XSLT : Why ???

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.
I have not seen this problem.  Every time I have changed, and saved, the
JSP file, the updated page was displayed.  Windows has a one minute
granularity on the file timestamp, so I make sure not to save the save
the file twice in the same minute.

Paul Spencer

Re: Velocity / JSP / XML & XSLT : Why ???

Re: Velocity / JSP / XML & XSLT : Why ???

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@networks.groupvu.com>.

Re: Velocity / JSP / XML & XSLT : Why ???

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

> What's about an XML & XSLT based approach ? Is it possible (or better) to
> render the portlets by the different controllers and then render the
result
> with an XSLT file (the portlets use themself xml/xsl, which i use). I like
> this approach the most, because it' s based on open standards unlike
> velocity.

Try looking at Kevin Burton's new project.  What you are describing sounds a
lot like reptile
http://reptile.openprivacy.org/

Re: Velocity / JSP / XML & XSLT : Why ???

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mikon.com>.

Norman Schoneich wrote:

> Jetspeed supports different template engines.
> But in the moment, the default template layout engine is velocity and it'is
> the most supported engine by the jetspeed developers.
> The previous default engine was jsp, but the support (or development
> process) of the jsp layout seems to be stopped.

This is not true.  You can use JSP for layout.  Only the default changed
from JSP
to Velocity.

> I can understand that some people prefer velocity. But every layout engine
> has it's own advantages and disadvanteges. I think Jetspeed
> has to support multiple layout engines, but they must be handled equally.

JSP and Velocity are equally supported.

> What's about an XML & XSLT based approach ? Is it possible (or better) to
> render the portlets by the different controllers and then render the result
> with an XSLT file (the portlets use themself xml/xsl, which i use). I like
> this approach the most, because it' s based on open standards unlike
> velocity.

Currently it is the portlets job to produce HTML.  Although XML and XSL
are defined by
standards, thoes standards do not define how a tag is rendered.

> norsch
>
> Norman Schoneich

Paul Spencer

Velocity / JSP / XML & XSLT : Why ???