Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu> on 2007/03/22 15:19:13 UTC

Changing jar file names in uimaj-ep-runtime plugin

I want to get the other committers' opinion on this.  It has to do
with Joern's proposed patch to the uimaj-ep-runtime plugin so that mvn
eclipse:eclipse will create a PDE project instead of a regular Java
project.

Because of mvn eclipse:eclipse has limited configuration options, it
appears we'd have to change the names of the jar files in the runtime
plugin to use the default Maven names, which include the version
number.  Do we want to do that?

More info in the JIRA issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-355.

-Adam

Re: Changing jar file names in uimaj-ep-runtime plugin

Posted by Tong Fin <to...@gmail.com>.
There are 2 ways that Eclipse uers may use UIMA Runtime plugin:
1. Use the UIMA plugin jars from the Java project (which is NOT a plugin
project) as external Jars or Library
2. Use the UIMA plugin as "a plugin" from a Plugin project

For the #1, users need to modified their setting everytime a new
version/build of UIMA come out. I think this is an overhead for the users
that we should avoid.

Tong

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.