Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu> on 2014/08/28 01:13:38 UTC

jenkins maintenance/downtime, aug 28th, 730am-9am PDT

tomorrow morning i will be upgrading jenkins to the latest/greatest (1.577).

at 730am, i will put jenkins in to a quiet period, so no new builds will be
accepted.  once any running builds are finished, i will be taking jenkins
down for the upgrade.

depending on what and how many jobs are running, i'm expecting this to
take, at most, an hour.

i'll send out an update tomorrow morning right before i begin, and will
send out updates and an all-clear once we're up and running again.

1.577 release notes:
http://jenkins-ci.org/changelog

please let me know if there are any questions/concerns.  thanks in advance!

shane

Re: jenkins maintenance/downtime, aug 28th, 730am-9am PDT

Posted by shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.
no problem!

also, i retriggered:
https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/job/SparkPullRequestBuilder/19406
it's currently:
https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/job/SparkPullRequestBuilder/19411

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
Thanks for doing this, Shane.

Posted by shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.

Posted by shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.
this one job is blocking the jenkins restart:
https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/job/SparkPullRequestBuilder/19406/

i'm about to kill it so that i can get this done.  i'll restart the job
after jenkins is back up.

Posted by shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.

Posted by shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.
jenkins is now coming down.

Posted by shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.
Looks like we're currently at 1.568 so we should be getting a nice slew of
UI tweaks and bug fixes. Neat!