Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rich Adili <Ri...@xata.com> on 2007/05/23 21:49:57 UTC

Logging SOAP requests?

Hi,

How does one go about logging the outgoing SOAP requests?

Rich Adili

RE: Logging SOAP requests?

Posted by Rich Adili <Ri...@xata.com>.
Hi dims,

Thanks! That's just what I need for my product design. However, I'm also
babysitting a legacy application written around an Axis1.4 beta, I
forget exactly which beta. Do you know if this technique also applies to
the older code?

Rich

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
If you used Axis1's commons http sender..yes.

-- dims

Re: Logging SOAP requests?

Posted by Doug Schaible <do...@gmail.com>.
Dims,

SOAP Messages

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
The Client proxy class serialize the SOAP message before it sends it
out. Is that
a true statement? If yes, does anyone know which classes in the baseline
perform that?

Thanks

Re: Logging SOAP requests?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Rich,

Re: Capturing SOAP messages

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
I think switching off the chunking is certainly something I can use.
By the way I am working with Axis 1.4 on this one so I guess I will
stick with http.I guess to read the payload I can find the
corresponding class??

Thanks Dims

Re: Capturing SOAP messages

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
It seems that the SimpleAxisSever and SimpleAxisWorker in the
org.apache.axis.http are the classes to look into for reading the
SOAP payload I am looking for. And it seems that the former of the
two does in fact open straight server sockets as I originally set forth
to do so that is encouraging.
Dims what do you think ? I still cannot explain the extra characters at
the end of the SOAP message if indeed the ones you were refering to
were only for Axis2. Else they will also explain my issue here in Axis
1.4 as well.

Thanks again

Re: Capturing SOAP messages

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Capturing SOAP messages

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hey Dims,

Re: Capturing SOAP messages

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Capturing SOAP messages

RE: Logging SOAP requests?

Posted by Rich Adili <Ri...@xata.com>.
Was thinking in terms of an option that field personnel could flip on
and off. Debugging proxies are a bit arduous for such folks. I'm
surprised a simple logging mechanism isn't built in.

Re: Logging SOAP requests?

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.