Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com> on 2009/10/02 15:11:27 UTC

Axis2/C and mod_gzip

I am wondering, my Axis2/C server returns some large data sets to the .Net
client. To make development easier, the WSDL element names are a bit long
and verbose, but that adds useless size to an already large dataset.
Is it possible to use something like mod_gzip to compress the results of the
result set?  If so is there something special I would need to do on the
client side, which is a web browser, or will the web browser decompress it
before giving it to the Silverlight application?  Anyone know?

Sam

Re: Axis2/C and mod_gzip

Posted by Murphey McCloy <MM...@webroot.com>.
Assuming you are using httpd, mod_deflate should work fine.  The
browser should decompress it for you.

All I had to do to get compressed responses was add the:
Set outputfilter deflate

Config to httpd.conf

And I was good to go.  Compressing requests was another matter
entirely, but the code fixes for that have been accepted, I believe,
and should also be relatively easy, if needed.