Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by bashiro <ba...@myway.com> on 2005/12/13 11:08:39 UTC

HttpClient and Simple SSL

Hello folks,

Is there anyone out there that has;

1. A simple way to work with HttpClient and SSL ?
   (Not the user manual of Httpclient)
or

2. A  simple SSL working example anyone has done, so that I can use that
   as a stepping stone for me to edit and use.

All what I mean is a way to import SSL certificate and work further with it. An example is ; Let's say I want to work with Https://www.versign.com. I heard I have to first right click on the Security key-lock icon on the tray to save it as a cert. Then import it in java .

Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

bashiro

Re: HttpClient and Simple SSL

Posted by Tim Watts <ti...@earthlink.net>.
On Tuesday 13 December 2005 05:08, bashiro wrote:

> 1. A simple way to work with HttpClient and SSL ?
>    (Not the user manual of Httpclient)

Mostly, I've found working with SSL to be quite transparent.

> All what I mean is a way to import SSL certificate and work further with
> it. An example is ; Let's say I want to work with Https://www.versign.com.
> I heard I have to first right click on the Security key-lock icon on the
> tray to save it as a cert. Then import it in java .

Not sure about the right-click business but try $JAVAHOME/jre/bin/keytool
-help (especially -import).

Hope this helps somewhat.