Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michail Bikoulis <Mi...@ementor.no> on 2001/09/26 08:37:04 UTC

FOP & Xerces 1.4.3

Hello,

As far as I can see from the name of the Xerces jar file in FOP, version
1.2.3 is used. I am having the problem where Xerces hangs when an error is
encountered in the XML file. I found out by reading the xerces-dev mailing
list archives that this problem is solved in later versions of Xerces.

Now I am trying to run FOP with Xerces 1.4.3. What I did was to remove the
Xerces jar file that comes with FOP in the lib directory and copy the Xerces
jar file for version 1.4.3. I then built FOP and tried running an example. I
got the same problem so I am wondering whether the way I did this, i.e.
tried using a later version of Xerces, was correct. Has anybody tried this
before?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: FOP & Xerces 1.4.3

Posted by Alex McLintock <al...@yahoo.com>.
 --- Michail Bikoulis <Mi...@ementor.no> wrote: > Hello,

> As far as I can see from the name of the Xerces jar file in FOP, version
> 1.2.3 is used. I am having the problem where Xerces hangs when an error is
> encountered in the XML file. I found out by reading the xerces-dev mailing
> list archives that this problem is solved in later versions of Xerces.

You haven't said whether you have tried using Xerces to parse this file
without FOP.

Presumably it wouldn't be too hard to write a small Java program which
used Xerces to read in your XML file. If this fails in the same way then
the problem is probably not related to FOP at all.

Alex

=====
Alex McLintock        alex@OWAL.co.uk    Open Source Consultancy in London
OpenWeb Analysts Ltd, http://www.OWAL.co.uk/