Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Casey Deccio <ca...@deccio.net> on 2010/11/13 22:33:19 UTC

Rows in decreasing order

Hi,

I'm working with Cassandra 0.7.0-beta3.  Given rows with keys 1, 2, 3,
I'd like to be able to search on key 4 (non-existent) and get row 3
(and possibly the n rows before in a range).  I've tried several
options, but I keep getting an empty range.  What am I missing?

Thanks,
Casey

Re: Rows in decreasing order

Posted by Casey Deccio <ca...@deccio.net>.
On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 12:50 AM, Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As you may have guessed from the lack of a "reversed" option on the
> range slice api, backward scans are not supported.  The standard thing
> to do is load the keys you are interested in as columns to a row.

That makes sense.  Just needed a different way of thinking about it.
Thanks for the clarification.

Casey

Re: Rows in decreasing order

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.