Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by kf...@collab.net on 2004/08/11 17:48:47 UTC

Re: svn commit: r10592 - branches/1.1.x/subversion/po

"Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se> writes:
> I might be missing something, but don't we normally commit changes to the
> trunk and then merge them to the branch? Is there any exception to this
> rule?

Almost no exceptions, right.

Now, this might have been a merge where niqueco just forgot to say the
source revision of the merge... ?

Re: svn commit: r10592 - branches/1.1.x/subversion/po

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> writes:
> > Ouch, I think that's a really poor policy.  Changes should go to the
> > trunk first, then to the branch.  -- justin
>
> Agreed.  The rest of Subversion follows the trunk then branch policy,
> there's no reason this should be any different.

Just chiming in for good measure: 100% agreed.

Trunk is the source of all goodness, branches are recipients of
goodness.  Thus it is and thus it ever shall be.

Re: svn commit: r10592 - branches/1.1.x/subversion/po

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> --On Wednesday, August 11, 2004 8:09 PM -0300 Nicolás Lichtmaier
> <ni...@reloco.com.ar> wrote:
>
>> Er.... sorry. I've just created my own .po handling policy for merges. I
>> wasn't following the discussion in the list very closely. What I had
>> thought
>> on doing is just to concentrate on the branch, and when subversion is
>> released, forward port the changes to the trunk. I think this much more
>> simpler, and the result is the same. What do you think?
>

> Ouch, I think that's a really poor policy.  Changes should go to the
> trunk first, then to the branch.  -- justin

Agreed.  The rest of Subversion follows the trunk then branch policy,
there's no reason this should be any different.

-garrett

Re: svn commit: r10592 - branches/1.1.x/subversion/po

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.

Posted by Nicolás Lichtmaier <ni...@reloco.com.ar>.

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 kfogel@collab.net wrote:

> "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se> writes:
> > I might be missing something, but don't we normally commit changes to the
> > trunk and then merge them to the branch? Is there any exception to this
> > rule?
>
> Almost no exceptions, right.
>
> Now, this might have been a merge where niqueco just forgot to say the
> source revision of the merge... ?

Yes. Didn't think of that. Do you fix the message if that's the case,
Nicholás?

Thanks,
//Peter