Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by George David <gs...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/25 17:22:17 UTC

trouble connecting to Azure Service Bus from OS X

macOs High Sierra 10.13.12
python: 2.7.14 (macports)
qpid-proton: 0.19.0 (macports)
python-qpid-proton: 0.19.0 (pipenv)

I created two python scripts, 1 to write to a service bus topic and 1 to
read. When I try to either read or write, Here is a snippet of code I use
to send a message:

conn = BlockingConnection(broker, allowed_mechs="PLAIN")
receiver = conn.create_receiver(entity_name)
msg = receiver.receive()
receiver.accept()
conn.close()

I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "send.py", line 30, in <module>
    conn = BlockingConnection(broker, allowed_mechs="PLAIN")
  File
"[redacted]/.local/share/virtualenvs/amqp-service-bus-lvrxBNPB/lib/python2.7/site-packages/proton/utils.py",
line 226, in __init__
    msg="Opening connection")
  File
"[redacted]d/.local/share/virtualenvs/amqp-service-bus-lvrxBNPB/lib/python2.7/site-packages/proton/utils.py",
line 300, in wait
    "Connection %s disconnected: %s" % (self.url, self.disconnected))
proton.ConnectionException: Connection amqps://send:[redacted]@[namespace
redacted].servicebus.windows.net:amqps/ disconnected:
Condition('proton:io', 'getaddrinfo([namespace-redacted].
servicebus.windows.net, amqps): nodename nor servname provided, or not
known')

I have tested this code successfully on my ubuntu machine and using the
official python:2.7.14 docker image running on my mac.

My initial attempts to use qpid proton was to install python-qpid-proton.
That failed because clang couldn't find "sys/timerfd.h". Then I found that
macports offered a qpid-proton. I installed that then installed the python
package with no issues.

Has anyone else has run into this?
Any tips to help me debug this issue?

Thanks!

Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Re: trouble connecting to Azure Service Bus from OS X

Posted by George David <ge...@miamisalsa.com>.
I didn't get any further. In the end, I just used the python docker  image
and mounted my working directory so I can test the code.

I changed it to ANONYMOUS and I ran into the same error, though to be
frank, I don't really understand the difference. Do I need to make any more
changes to test this properly? I'm still trying to read from
<topic>/Subscriptions/<subscription>

Posted by Roddie Kieley <rk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by George David <ge...@miamisalsa.com>.

Posted by Roddie Kieley <rk...@gmail.com>.