Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Prabhjot Bharaj <pr...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/24 08:44:07 UTC

Re: Producer becomes slow over time

Hi,

I would like to dig deep into this issue. I've changed log4j.properties for
logging in ALL mode in all places. I am getting lost in the logs.

Any pointers would be welcome

Please let me know if you would need any information regarding this

Thanks,
Prabhjot

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 6:46 PM, Prabhjot Bharaj <pr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Folks,
>
> I've noticed that 2 producer machines, that I had configured, have become
> very slow over time
> They are giving 17-19 MB/s
>
> But, a producer that I setup today is giving 70MB/s as the write throughput
>
> If I see the contents of bin, libs, config directories, nothing is
> different in the files on any of the producer machines.
>
> Producer is running on the kafka machines itself
>
> Request your expertise
>
> Regards,
> Prabhjot

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand
binary, and those who don't"

Re: Producer becomes slow over time

Posted by "Helleren, Erik" <Er...@cmegroup.com>.
Well, its possible that it is a networking issue which is why I asked for
results from a test from a machine that isnĀ¹t on the kafka cluster.  And
were all the producers run on the same member of the kafka cluster, or was
it spread out?

Also, for the topic you are testing with, how many partitions does it
have?  And what is the replication factor?  Also, how many kafka nodes do
you have?

Posted by Prabhjot Bharaj <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erik,

Posted by Prabhjot Bharaj <pr...@gmail.com>.