Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2012/12/16 13:36:32 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Isis Core1.0.0, JDO Object Store 1.0.0, File Security 1.0.0, Wicket Viewer 1.0.0, RestfulObjects Viewer 1.0.0

I've staged a release for Apache Isis Core v1.0.0, and 4 components, JDO
Object Store 1.0.0, File Security 1.0.0, Wicket Viewer 1.0.0,
RestfulObjects Viewer 1.0.0

The four components each depend on Core 1.0.0, but do not depend on each
other.

According to our release procedures [1], I've released each component using
a separate branch (though the component branches depend upon the core
branch).  This way, if this vote fails because of a problem in just one of
the components, there should be less work to fix.

The artifacts have been staged to five staging repository on
repository.apache.org:

core:

*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheisis-022/org/apache/isis/core/isis/1.0.0/isis-1.0.0-source-release.zip(zip
file)
*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheisis-022/org/apache/isis/core/isis/1.0.0/isis-1.0.0-source-release.zip.asc(signature)

jdo objectstore:

*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheisis-024/org/apache/isis/objectstore/isis-objectstore-jdo/1.0.0/isis-objectstore-jdo-1.0.0-source-release.zip
*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheisis-024/org/apache/isis/objectstore/isis-objectstore-jdo/1.0.0/isis-objectstore-jdo-1.0.0-source-release.zip.asc

file security:

*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheisis-025/org/apache/isis/security/isis-security-file/1.0.0/isis-security-file-1.0.0-source-release.zip
*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheisis-025/org/apache/isis/security/isis-security-file/1.0.0/isis-security-file-1.0.0-source-release.zip.asc

wicket viewer:

*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheisis-026/org/apache/isis/viewer/isis-viewer-wicket/1.0.0/isis-viewer-wicket-1.0.0-source-release.zip
*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheisis-026/org/apache/isis/viewer/isis-viewer-wicket/1.0.0/isis-viewer-wicket-1.0.0-source-release.zip.asc

restfulobjects viewer

*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheisis-027/org/apache/isis/viewer/isis-viewer-restfulobjects/1.0.0/isis-viewer-restfulobjects-1.0.0-source-release.zip
*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheisis-027/org/apache/isis/viewer/isis-viewer-restfulobjects/1.0.0/isis-viewer-restfulobjects-1.0.0-source-release.zip.asc

In the source code repo the code has been tagged as isis-1.0.0-RC1,
isis-objectstore-jdo-1.0.0-RC1, isis-security-file-1.0.0-RC1,
isis-viewer-wicket-1.0.0-RC1, isis-viewer-restfulobjects-1.0.0-RC1.  (If
the vote succeeds, these tags will be replaced with another without the -RC
suffix).

Our website contains some suggestions of how to verify the release, see [2].

Please verify the release and cast your vote.  The vote will be open for a
minimum of 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ]  0
[ ] -1

[1] http://isis.apache.org/contributors/release-process.html
[2] http://isis.apache.org/contributors/verifying-releases.html

Re: [VOTE] Apache Isis Core1.0.0, JDO Object Store 1.0.0, File Security 1.0.0, Wicket Viewer 1.0.0, RestfulObjects Viewer 1.0.0

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
thx for this, Jeroen.

Per Robert's email earlier in this thread, and also one small thing that
Mark Stru noticed (off-list), I'll need to go round the loop again.  So put
some time aside again later in the week and hopefully next time the release
will go thru...

Cheers
Dan

[CANCELLED] [VOTE] Apache Isis Core1.0.0, JDO Object Store 1.0.0, File Security 1.0.0, Wicket Viewer 1.0.0, RestfulObjects Viewer 1.0.0

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
I'm cancelling the vote because Rob has found an issue.

I'll push out another release (1.0.0-RC2) tomorrow morning (Thu 20th).

Posted by Jeroen van der Wal <je...@stromboli.it>.
... thumbs

Posted by Jeroen van der Wal <je...@stromboli.it>.
A big +1

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

Posted by Jeroen van der Wal <je...@stromboli.it>.
Ok, following this procedure omits the need to specify a keyserver. Still
untrusted though:

gpg --import ~/Development/apache-isis/KEYS
gpg: key 2FDB81B1: public key "Mark Struberg (Apache) <st...@apache.org>"
imported
gpg: key 77AD2E23: "Dan Haywood (CODE SIGNING KEY) <da...@apache.org>"

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.

Posted by Jeroen van der Wal <je...@stromboli.it>.
In the process of verifying I encountered the fact that I have to specify
the keyserver in this way
gpg --verify --keyserver pgp.mit.ede <signature> <file>

In the output I also noticed that Dan's key is not trusted:

$ gpg --verify --keyserver pgp.mit.edu isis-1.0.0-source-release.asc
isis-1.0.0-source-release.zip
gpg: Signature made Sat 15 Dec 19:50:19 2012 CET using RSA key ID 77AD2E23
gpg: requesting key 77AD2E23 from hkp server pgp.mit.edu
gpg: key 77AD2E23: public key "Dan Haywood (CODE SIGNING KEY) <
danhaywood@apache.org>" imported
gpg: 3 marginal(s) needed, 1 complete(s) needed, PGP trust model
gpg: depth: 0  valid:   3  signed:   0  trust: 0-, 0q, 0n, 0m, 0f, 3u
gpg: next trustdb check due at 2015-08-18
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1  (RSA: 1)
[...]

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Dan Haywood

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
ok.

Posted by Robert Matthews <rm...@nakedobjects.org>.

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.