Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2003/10/14 01:56:22 UTC

Issue: werkz

http://gump.covalent.com/log/cvs_werkz.html
http://gump.dotnot.org/werkz/update/update_werkz.html
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.werken.com:/cvsroot/werkz update -P -d -A
werkz

/cvsroot/werkz: no such repositoryregards,

Adam
--
Experience Sybase Technology...
http://www.try.sybase.com

Issue: spice ( was Re: Issue: werkz )

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.codehaus.org:/scm/cvspublic login (no
> pass)
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.codehaus.org:/scm/cvspublic co werkz

Ok, I am going to move werkz over the codehaus repository, and set the
CVSROOT to be /scm/cvspublic. Maybe that'll make this work. I found others
things seemingly working on the werken repository, so I left that/them.

The only other stuff I could find on the codehaus repository was this stack
of naming confusion:

This module descriptor:
http://cvs.codehaus.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jcontainer/module.xml?rev=1.1&amp;root=jcontainer
This CVS module:
http://gump.covalent.com/log/cvs_spice.html
These projects:
http://gump.covalent.com/log/dna-api.html
http://gump.covalent.com/log/dna-impl.html

Now what with them?

regards

Adam

Re: codehaus (was Re: Issue: werkz)

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
I'll try to make gump work again on my linux box (I had a severe crash a
couple of months ago and lost gump because of it and since then still
haven't had the time to reinstall it :)
That way I can monitor any changes that I may run upon when doing
codehaus stuff..
See you already did the commits though :)

Mvgr,
Martin

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 23:34, Adam R. B. Jack wrote:
> Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net> wrote:
>
> > We moved a lot of projects to a "collective" cvsroot (previously all
> > projects had their own cvsroot..)
>
> Ok, I think we need to ask for help. What we'd only guess at, perhaps you
> can clarify? Can you help us with these?
>
> 1) These two describe CVS repositories:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-gump/repository/codehaus.xml
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-gump/repository/werken.xml
>
> 2) The show some of their (perhaps historical) contents:
>
> http://gump.covalent.com/log/modxref.html#codehaus
> http://gump.covalent.com/log/modxref.html#werken
>
> 3) These show some problems:
>
> http://gump.covalent.com/log/cvs_werkz.html
> http://gump.covalent.com/log/cvs_spice.html
>
> Can you tell us where things are, what repository root, what project
> directories, etc.? Maybe together we can migrate the gump descriptors.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> regards
>
> Adam

Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>
mvdb.com

Re: codehaus (was Re: Issue: werkz)

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
Ok, this is why I am confused. 2 CVS roots on the codehaus repo.

I was thinking the solution was going to be:

    repository/codehaus.xml to be:
            <path>/scm/cvspublic</path>
and
    repository/werken.xml to be:
        <path>/cvsroot</path>

and with this [http://jakarta.apache.org/gump/module.html#cvs] we can tweak
most stuff -- like spice -> jcontainer, but not CVS root.

As such, I think this is goign to require another cvs repository for
codehaus:

    cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.codehaus.org:/cvsroot/jcontainer
    update -P -d -A jcontainer

I'll make the three repository changes (2 mods, 1 addition) and work on the
mdolue stuff later.

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> :pserver:anonymous@cvs.spice.cvs.codehaus.org:/scm/cvspublic/jcontainer
> update -P -d -A spice
> it should be:
> cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.codehaus.org:/cvsroot/jcontainer
> update -P -d -A jcontainer

http://cvs.codehaus.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jcontainer/module.xml?rev=1.1&amp;root=jcontainer

Ought we change the module name from spice to jcontainer?  <module
name="spice"> is (I assume) an old name.

  <cvs repository="codehaus" module="jcontainer" dir="jcontainer" />

If so, then I don't think we need the "module" attribute here.

Posted by Scott Sanders <sc...@dotnot.org>.
> Ok, I think we need to ask for help. What we'd only guess at, perhaps
> you
> can clarify? Can you help us with these?
>
> 1) These two describe CVS repositories:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-gump/repository/
> codehaus.xml
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-gump/repository/
> werken.xml
>
> 2) The show some of their (perhaps historical) contents:
>
> http://gump.covalent.com/log/modxref.html#codehaus
> http://gump.covalent.com/log/modxref.html#werken
>
> 3) These show some problems:
>
> http://gump.covalent.com/log/cvs_werkz.html

Instead of:
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.werken.com:/cvsroot/werkz update -P
-d -A werkz
it should be:
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.werken.com:/scm/cvspublic update -P
-d -A werkz

How do we do that?

> http://gump.covalent.com/log/cvs_spice.html

Instead of :
cvs -z3 -d
:pserver:anonymous@cvs.spice.cvs.codehaus.org:/scm/cvspublic/jcontainer
update -P -d -A spice
it should be:
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.codehaus.org:/cvsroot/jcontainer
update -P -d -A jcontainer

Inside there is a directory dna/api and dna/impl, which the descriptor
is looking for.
How do we get the module to do that?

What Martin was referring to with the 'common cvs root' comment was
something like jaxen, if we ever fix its circular dependency will be:
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.codehaus.org:/cvsroot/jaxen update -P
-d -A jaxen

> Can you tell us where things are, what repository root, what project
> directories, etc.? Maybe together we can migrate the gump descriptors.

Does this help?

Where do we go from here?  I would like to help, but my descriptor fu
has been lost (unused for about 18 months).

Scott

codehaus (was Re: Issue: werkz)

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.

Re: Issue: werkz

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Re: Issue: werkz

Posted by Scott Sanders <sc...@dotnot.org>.
On Friday, October 17, 2003, at 02:26 PM, Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

>>>  Let's see if they give us information to base that move
>>> off.
>
> You said you re-pinged them, I was wondering what their comments would
> be. I
> was thinking this was likely just a removal of the werken repository to
> codehaus, but with the different CVSROOT (than codehaus.xml seems to
> show) I
> wasn't sure if it was that simple.
>
> That's all. We can do it based off what you found, I'm sure.

That was their response from re-pinging them.  Sorry for the confusion.

Scott

Re: Issue: werkz

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.

Re: Issue: werkz

Posted by Scott Sanders <sc...@dotnot.org>.
>  Let's see if they give us information to base that move
> off.

????

Re: Issue: werkz

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
Awesome, it sounds like we need to do a migration from 'werkz' to 'codehaus'
for the repository. Let's see if they give us information to base that move
off. Thanks.

regards

Adam
Posted by Scott Sanders <sc...@dotnot.org>.