Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/20 02:32:37 UTC

Re: More committers

On 6/19/07, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:<snip>

> I would like to see Ode working with some of our Web
> Service related projects to put out some turnkey solutions, e.g.,
> Ode+Synapse+Tomcat, Ode+Tuscany+Tomcat, Ode+__+Geronimo, ...  In my
> opinion,
> Ode ought to become ubitquitous in WSDL-based Web Services environments,
> and
> putting together some turnkey bundles would go a long way to furthering
> that
> goal.

</snip>

Actually we are already. We have working integration with Axis2 (for the WS
stack) and ServiceMix (for JBI). I believe the Axis2 integration virtually
gives us Synapse integration (maybe Dims or Sanjiva can jump in here, I
could be wrong), but I agree it would be nice to work out some Synapse+ODE
distro.

As for Tuscany we've been discussing with them for a while and the work is
currently starting (see [1]). Funny that you mention it, I was just looking
at it today.

Related topic: was there much follow up to the dialog between Victor Panizza
> and Alex Boisvert from last October?  Specifically related to Human Task
> activities.

Don't remember the outcome, maybe Alex can jump in.

Bah ... this really ought to be on the dev list ... feel free to reply to
> there and cc me, or I'll just read the archives.

Done :)

Matthieu

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ode-dev/200706.mbox/%3c5a75db780706081657p6f803db3p38b1f5159010ecf4@mail.gmail.com%3e

Re: Turnkey packaging

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 6/19/07, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:

> Matthieu Riou wrote:
>
> > Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > > I would like to see Ode working with some of our Web
> > > Service related projects to put out some turnkey
> > > solutions, e.g., Ode+Synapse+Tomcat, Ode+Tuscany+Tomcat,
> > > Ode+__+Geronimo, ...  In my opinion, Ode ought to become
> > > ubitquitous in WSDL-based Web Services environments, and
> > > putting together some turnkey bundles would go a long way
> > > to furthering that goal.
>
> > Actually we are already. We have working integration with Axis2
> > (for the WS stack) and ServiceMix (for JBI). I believe the Axis2
> > integration virtually gives us Synapse integration (maybe Dims
> > or Sanjiva can jump in here, I could be wrong), but I agree it
> > would be nice to work out some Synapse+ODE distro.
>
> > As for Tuscany we've been discussing with them for a while and
> > the work is currently starting (see [1]). Funny that you mention
> > it, I was just looking at it today.
>
> What I'm talking about is going beyond working with them on the code,
> which
> is good, and actually putting out turnkey binary packages that someone can
> load and go.  With some canned samples.

So our two distributions, for Axis2 and ServiceMix, are pretty much turnkey
packages. They're easy to deploy and include simple example processes that
you can start playing with. Just try to download our WAR distro and deploy
it in Tomcat, you'll see you can get examples up and running  within
minutes, using Axis2 as the messaging layer.

With Tuscany, we're just getting started, but as we would be their BPEL
implementation engine, I believe we'd be part of their default distribution
or one of its flavor (could make sense for them to have light / complete
packages).

And with Synapse, we still have to get started...

Overall I think we do agree with the goal to be the ring to bind them all :)
There's just already a lot to do on ODE and each integration takes time. And
if anybody on the list is willing to help for Synapse, (s)he'd be welcome!!

Matthieu

        --- Noel

Re: Human Tasks

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
It's apparently going to be submitted to OASIS a bit later in the year:

http://searchwebservices.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid26_gci1262143,00.html?track=NL-110&ad=594699&asrc=EM_NLN_1664249&uid=616380

Which isn't such a good news from the IP side, OASIS often produces
standards that aren't really open source friendly...

Re: Human Tasks

Re: Human Tasks

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1 for human participation (BPEL4PEOPLE)
I'd be interested in helping on this area...

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: Human Tasks

Posted by Zubin Wadia <zw...@gmail.com>.

Re: Human Tasks

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.

Human Tasks

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Alex Boisvert wrote:

> > Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > > was there much follow up to the dialog between Victor Panizza
> > > and Alex Boisvert from last October?  Specifically related to
> > > Human Task activities.

> I don't remember the exact outcome, although I'm pretty sure I must
> have pointed Victor to http://tempo.intalio.org.

Yes, I also seem to recall that you did.

Re: More committers

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.

pointed Victor to http://tempo.intalio.org.   We're open to bringing Tempo
under the Apache umbrella if there's sufficient interest.  It would be a
good step towards building a more complete BPM solution at Apache.

alex

Turnkey packaging

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.