Posted to repo-maintainers@maven.apache.org by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu> on 2008/12/12 18:09:03 UTC

More index troubles (q4e this time)

It came to my attention this morning that Q4e doesn't check the
timestamp on the index or use the api and thus downloads the index on
every restart. Worse than the Artifactory issue where it wasn't known,
this issue was reported back in June:
http://code.google.com/p/q4e/issues/detail?id=465 It goes without saying
that this is not in the best interest of the repository community. We're
looking into ways to minimize the damage and cost from this and I hope
that team takes extra-ordinary measures to fix and distribute an update
as Artifactory did.

--Brian

Re: More index troubles (q4e this time)

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
Back in June it wasn't confirmed, and unable to reproduce it.
Maybe at that time it was caused by an user proxy messing with the
headers. Now it definitely seems to affect more people, Nginx or not,
I don't know, but the if-modified-since is being sent.

Anyway, I expect it to be fixed pretty soon.

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
we are working on it see