Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Saptarshi Guha <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/14 19:05:13 UTC

Exception while trying list tables in Hbase 0.20 alpha

Hello,
I installed Hbase 0.20 alpha with 2 region servers and zoo.cfg has an
entry for the master(which is also a region)
I started it using hbase-start.sh

Yesterday from the hbase shell, i listed the tables and this worked.
Today after creating a table in another application(using java), i
went to the hbase shell and tried to list the tables but got this
exception
 WARN zookeeper.ZooKeeperWrapper: Failed to create /hbase:
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$ConnectionLossException:
KeeperErrorCode = ConnectionLoss for /hbase
	at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:90)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:42)

What should I do to remedy this?
I tried checking out 0.20 from the svn branch but ant fails with javax
class not found exception.

Any help would be appreciated
Regards
Saptarshi

Re: Exception while trying list tables in Hbase 0.20 alpha

Posted by Nitay <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Saptarshi,

HBase should recover from WARNs like that. We'd need to see more information
around that to get full context.
Can you run your command again with DEBUG enabled and provide a full log?

-n