Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Egbert Heslinga <Eg...@ventura-uk.com> on 2010/06/09 14:15:32 UTC

Issue with Update - unknown hostname

Hello,

The installation I'm working with is:

TortoiseSVN 1.6.8, Build 19260 - 32 Bit , 2010/04/16 20:20:11
Subversion 1.6.11,
apr 1.3.8
apr-utils 1.3.9
neon 0.29.3
OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009
zlib 1.2.3

This does not concern a bug so much as not quite knowing how to deal with
a situation, and wondering whether there is any.

A project included an external reference. The server in the external
reference ceased to exist. I tortoise-deleted the folder that referenced
the deceased server, committed, then updated immediately.

The update however produced the same message as before the commit of the
delete of the invalid reference:

Command: Update
External failed: C:\dev\Ventura\Vespam\_vendorVentura.NHibernate
Error: Unknown hostname 'cpl2kmbenr04'
Completed: At revision: 45

It seems as though the project now no longer references this host, the
update will forever try to for some reason. Is there a way to correct the
repository to prevent this error message in future?

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Egbert Heslinga
Solution Engineer
IT -  CM2, Cube, Leeds
tel.                           32286 (internal)
      +44 (0)113-2072286 (external)

The contents of this e-mail and its attachments are confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.The contents may not be disclosed, copied or distributed without our consent.It is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only.If you are not the intended recipient you must delete this message immediately and advise the sender that you received it in error.
The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Ventura.Ventura does not accept any responsibility for the author's views.
Whilst Ventura takes every effort to ensure this message is virus free it can not guarantee that this is the case.It is the recipients responsibility to carry out such virus checks as it deems necessary.Ventura can not accept any responsibility in this regard.Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium.We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us.
Ventura reserves the right to monitor emails in accordance with the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.
Club 24 Ltd trading as "Ventura"
Registered Office: Hepworth House, Claypit Lane, Leeds LS2 8AE.
Registered in England Number 1336850

Re: Issue with Update - unknown hostname

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
Since this is about the usage of Subversion, and not the development of it,
it is off-topic here.  I suggest you ask on the users@apache.subversion.orglist.

Thanks,
-Hyrum