Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dimitri <di...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/19 20:16:00 UTC

T5.2, message encoding

Hi all,
While everything if good on my dev pc, i have an encoding problem with the
production site.

Everything is set to utf-8 (tapestry default, browser query, result header),
but messages i wrote in Java code are displaying non utf-8 content.

For instance:
"Peut-être vos critères sont-ils trop restrictifs?"

Instead of:
"Peut-être vos critères sont-ils trop restrictifs?"

Any hint about this ?
Thank you,

Dimitri

Re: T5.2, message encoding

Posted by Dimitri <di...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the reply, i tried to add the param in the tomcat6 start
script, but no effect :(

It looks like an utf8 converter is converting my strings twice, what do you
think about it ?

My browser input with ANSI rendering from the server is:

"Peut-être vos critères sont-ils trop restrictifs"

which is rendered as "Peut-être vos critères sont-ils trop restrictifs?"
after being rendered as utf8

The browser input be "Peut-être vos critères sont-ils trop restrictifs?",
isn't it ?

The example above is from www.pizzaroundme.com

You can fill the field "ville" with "PARIS".

Thank you.

Re: T5.2, message encoding

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.
You're production system is possibly not configured with UTF-8 as it's
default encoding. Try adding

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

to your jvm arguments.

Josh