Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Warron French <wf...@xtria.com> on 2005/03/01 17:32:26 UTC

[users@httpd] HTTP PUT

Does anyone know how to disable the HTTP PUT command in Apache?

I need to do this for security reasons.

Warron French
Sr. Network Engineer
Xtria, LLC

Re: [users@httpd] HTTP PUT

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:32:26 -0500, Warron French <wf...@xtria.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to disable the HTTP PUT command in Apache?
>
> I need to do this for security reasons.

The question doesn't make a lot of sense, since PUT is not enabled by
default to start with.  You need some kind of a script to handle PUT
requests.

You can, of course, use
<Limit PUT>
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
</Limit>

But that is not generally advisable unless you understand exactly how
it fits into your entire access framework.

Joshua.