Posted to dev@orc.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org> on 2016/09/26 16:33:46 UTC

[VOTE] ORC 1.2.1 RC0

All,
   We've fixed ORC-101 and we should get it released.

Artifacts: http://home.apache.org/~omalley/orc-1.2.1rc0/
git tag: https://github.com/apache/orc/releases/tag/release-1.2.1rc0

Thanks,
   Owen

Re: [VOTE] ORC 1.2.1 RC0

Posted by Prasanth J <j....@gmail.com>.
Should we also include ORC-102? Saw the bug report after RC0 went out. But the bug looks concerning.

Regd. RC0, I am seeing some warnings in protobuf build like
/work/releases/orc-1.2.1/c++/libs/protobuf-2.6.0/src/google/protobuf/stubs/atomicops_internals_macosx.h:152:13: warning: 'OSAtomicCompareAndSwap64' is deprecated:
      first deprecated in macOS 10.12 - Use std::atomic_compare_exchange_strong_explicit(std::memory_order_relaxed) from <atomic> instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
  } while (!OSAtomicCompareAndSwap64(old_value, new_value,
            ^

Should we suppress warnings in third party libs?

Verified signatures, built from source, ran rat check and ran unit tests.

Thanks
Prasanth

Re: [VOTE] ORC 1.2.1 RC0

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.