Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org> on 2004/08/11 15:52:16 UTC

brutus admin work

I'm working on some upgrades and other stoof on brutus. If it dies,
blame me :-D

- LSD

Re: brutus admin work

Posted by Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org>.
we now have iptables installed and configured to only accept connections
on ports 22,80,8080. I used the configuration package 'lokkit' (command:
'lokkit') for the configuration, as our needs are so simple.

we also have something called 'aide' installed, which monitors for
intrusions and e-mails reports to the root user.

set up as follows:

   apt-get install lokkit
   apt-get install aide
   lokkit # set up ports
   iptables -A INPUT -j RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT # use the new chain
   iptables -A FORWARD -j RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT

cheers,

- LSD