Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Anton Vinogradov <av...@apache.org> on 2016/05/18 14:24:48 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.6.0 RC1

Dear Sirs!

We have uploaded release candidate to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ignite/1.6.0-rc1/

This is very important release containing huge amount of fixes and
improvements.
Over 600 issues were closed since previous release.
8 new modules were added to the project.

Tag name is
1.6.0-rc1

1.6.0 changes:
Ignite .NET:
* Added ability to use Java-based remote filters in continuous queries.
* Added AtomicSequence and AtomicReference data structures
* Added automatic Java detection: no need for JAVA_HOME
* Added java-based continuous query filters
* Added LINQ Provider for cache SQL queries
* Added native configuration mechanism (C#, app.config, web.config -
instead of Spring XML)
* Added NuGet distribution
* Binaries are now AnyCPU (instead of separate x64/x86)
* Java-based services can be called the same way as .NET service are called

Ignite C++:
* Added Transactions API for C++ client.
* Added Date and Timestamp types implementation for C++ client.
* Simplified Autotools build process for C++ client.

Ignite:
* Added ability to get partition 'updateCntr' with continuous query public
API.
* Added asynchronous execution of ContinuousQuery's remote filter and local
listener.
* Added backup partitions storing to local store default behavior.
* Added cache deadlock detection.
* Added Cache Store implementation backed by Cassandra DB.
* Added method to get versioned cache entry.
* Added ODBC driver for Ignite.
* Added support for join timeout while registering local addresses with IP
finder in TcpDiscoverySpi.
* Added support for JTA transactions via synchronization callback.
* Added Web Console for Ignite.
* Fixed a bug causing object deserialization when local store is configured
for cache.
* Fixed a problem with incorrect classloader picked in OSGI environment.
* Fixed a race condition when evicted offheap data was not delivered to
query engine leading to query timeout.
* Fixed an issue in ContinuousQueries that caused missing of notifications.
* Fixed background cache partition map exchange not to flood network.
* Fixed BinaryContext to honor custom loader set through
IgniteConfiguration.
* Fixed BinaryObjectOffHeapImpl leak to public code.
* Fixed cluster stability with 500+ clients.
* Fixed continuous queries to send filter factory instead of filter.
* Fixed continuous query deployment in case originating node has left.
* Fixed issues with continuous query.
* Fixed deadlock in services deployment when Spring is used.
* Fixed discovery and node start procedure issues that may cause slowdowns
during larger topologies start (>100 nodes).
* Fixed eviction policy notification if swap or off heap is enabled and an
entry is not loaded during preloading.
* Fixed excessive thread stack usage in case of high contention on cache
entries.
* Fixed execution of Splunk MapReduce jobs on top of Ignite MR.
* Fixed GridClosureProcessor internal closures to be deserialized by
BinaryMarshaller.
* Fixed issue with AWS dependencies.
* Fixed java proxies deserialization with optimized marshaller.
* Fixed local store behavior at cross cache transactions.
* Fixed marshalling of Java collection and maps for BinaryMarshaller.
* Fixed memory leak in IgniteH2Indexing.
* Fixed NPE during rebalancing.
* Fixed NPE in GridMergeIndex.
* Fixed OOME when OFFHEAP_TIERED mode is used.
* Fixed potential thread starvation during cache rebalancing.
* Fixed race condition on load cache on changing topology.
* Fixed race in marshalling logic that could arise when several nodes are
running on the same host.
* Fixed redeployment issues happened with ScanQueries filters.
* Fixed service proxy not to make remote call for methods declared in
java.lang.Object.
* Fixed several ClassNotFoundException in OSGi environment.
* Fixed SKIP_STORE flag behavior for transaction entry.
* Fixed support for classes with equal simple name for binary marshaller.
* Fixed system caches not to use user-defined TransactionConfiguration.
* Fixed the issue when CacheStore was updated even if EntryProcessor didn't
update an entry.
* Fixed thread safety for TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder.
* Fixed unintentional deserialization of BinaryObjects in OFFHEAP mode with
peer class loading enabled.
* Fixed UTF-16 surrogate pairs marshalling.
* Fixed value copying in entry processor with OptimizedMarshaller.
* Fixed web session clustering with WebLogic.
* Hadoop: fixed a bug causing exception during MR planning when input split
file doesn't exist.
* IGFS: Added configuration flag to disable default path modes under
"/ignite" folder.
* IGFS: Added pluggable factory interface for Hadoop FileSystem creation.
* IGFS: Fixed file properties when running over secondary file system.
* IGFS: Fixed issues with Kerberized HDFS.
* IGFS: Massive performance and stability fixes.
* Improved marshaller behavior during cluster topology change.
* Mesos integration: added possibility to load Ignite package from file
system.
* Optimized cache 'get' operations on affinity node.
* Optimized memory usage on server nodes to allow more client connections.
* Passed update notifier flag to discovery data to be sure that all cluster
nodes have the same notifier status as the first node.
* Performance optimization for transactions that do not acquire locks.
* ScanQueries over local partitions performance optimisation.
* Support of package-private implementations for Ignite Services.
* Supported Ignite Compute tasks cancellation for Ignite.NET.
* Visor CMD: Added ability to attach custom scripts to alerts.
* Web sessions: minor fix to prevent NullPointerException in some special
case.
* Web sessions: user session classes are no longer needed on server nodes.
* A lot of stability and fault-tolerance fixes.

Complete list of closed issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20IGNITE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.6%20AND%20status%20%3D%20closed

DEVNOTES
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=DEVNOTES.txt;hb=refs/tags/1.6.0-rc1

RELEASENOTES
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=RELEASE_NOTES.txt;hb=refs/tags/1.6.0-rc1

Please start voting.

+1 - to accept Apache Ignite 1.6.0-rc1
0 - don't care either way
-1 - DO NOT accept Apache Ignite 1.6.0-rc1 (explain why)

This vote will go for 72 hours.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 1.6.0 RC1

Posted by Sergi Vladykin <se...@gmail.com>.
+1

The first time I've ran the build I've got OOM on PremGen. The second
attempt was ok.
Also I noticed a couple of exceptions in build process, but it finished
successfully.
I don't think these issues are critical, but it would be nice to fix them
for the next release.

Sergi

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
IMO, this is not a showstopper since not 100% of tests are passed in general. There are always some issues that are moved from one release to another.

It would be good if you create a bug in JIRA regarding the issue providing the details.

—
Denis

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
I just want to give some explanation about the two “-1” non-binding votes
we have received form the community.

The Apache voting process does not imply bug-free releases. Apache release
needs to be clean from licensing standpoint and needs to be easily
buildable. Of course, if there are critical bugs, then community may
reconsider the release, however, in this case the bugs do not seem
critical.

The best approach here would be to raise the new Jira tickets and have them
addressed in the next release.

Hope this makes sense.

D.

Posted by Alpha Beta <ye...@gmail.com>.
*-1*

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by endianignite <en...@gmail.com>.
-1

Posted by Gianfranco Murador <mu...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

valentin.kulichenko@gmail.com>:

> +1 (binding)
>
> On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 1:48 AM, Nikolay Tikhonov <nt...@gridgain.com>
> wrote:
>
> > +1 (binding)
> >
> > On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 10:38 AM, Anton Vinogradov <
> > avinogradov@gridgain.com
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > +1 (binding)
> > >
> > > On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 12:16 AM, Vladimir Ozerov <
> vozerov@gridgain.com>

> and

> > web.config -
> > are