Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> on 2005/11/02 07:34:02 UTC

Cryptic error when LWP isn't available

httpd-test gives a really cryptic error message when LWP isn't
installed:

.../Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestHarness.pm line 121.

Be nice if we could fix that.  It seems that $_ is trounced by
$self->run_t().  My perl-fu doesn't have an elegant solution other than
saving $_ before run_t() and then restoring it after.  After I did that,
I got the 'LWP isn't available' warnings.  *light bulb*

Once I installed LWP, the error disappeared for whatever reason.

Does anyone with perl-fu have a real solution?  -- justin

Re: Cryptic error when LWP isn't available

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> httpd-test gives a really cryptic error message when LWP isn't
> installed:

> .../Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestHarness.pm line 121.
>
> Be nice if we could fix that.  It seems that $_ is trounced by
> $self->run_t().  My perl-fu doesn't have an elegant solution other than
> saving $_ before run_t() and then restoring it after.  After I did that,
> I got the 'LWP isn't available' warnings.  *light bulb*
>
> Once I installed LWP, the error disappeared for whatever reason.
>
> Does anyone with perl-fu have a real solution?

I'll figure one out sometime today or tomorrow.  thanks for reporting it :)

--Geoff

Re: Cryptic error when LWP isn't available

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> httpd-test gives a really cryptic error message when LWP isn't
> installed:

> .../Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestHarness.pm line 121.
>
> Be nice if we could fix that.  It seems that $_ is trounced by
> $self->run_t().  My perl-fu doesn't have an elegant solution other than
> saving $_ before run_t() and then restoring it after.  After I did that,
> I got the 'LWP isn't available' warnings.  *light bulb*
>
> Once I installed LWP, the error disappeared for whatever reason.
>
> Does anyone with perl-fu have a real solution?  -- justin
You my try adding

local $_;

to $self->run_t()

--
END
                 Nothing is impossible.

Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/
   http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
        http://www.liquidation.com
        http://www.uksurplus.com
        http://www.govliquidation.com
        http://www.gowholesale.com

Re: Cryptic error when LWP isn't available

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> httpd-test gives a really cryptic error message when LWP isn't
> installed:

> .../Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestHarness.pm line 121.
>
> Be nice if we could fix that.  It seems that $_ is trounced by
> $self->run_t().  My perl-fu doesn't have an elegant solution other than
> saving $_ before run_t() and then restoring it after.  After I did that,
> I got the 'LWP isn't available' warnings.  *light bulb*
>
> Once I installed LWP, the error disappeared for whatever reason.
>
> Does anyone with perl-fu have a real solution?  -- justin

I ditched $_, see if it solves the problem.

Stas Bekman mailto:stas@stason.org  http://stason.org/
MailChannels: Assured Messaging(TM) http://mailchannels.com/
The "Practical mod_perl" book       http://modperlbook.org/
http://perl.apache.org/ http://perl.org/ http://logilune.com/