Posted to user@struts.apache.org by PEGASUS84 <pe...@hotmail.it> on 2009/04/06 11:35:43 UTC

hidden data

good moorning;
i've a question: can I send an hidden String with link to an action?
i don't want that on query string there is the value of my string

Re: hidden data

Posted by Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com>.
PEGASUS84 wrote:
> i wish encode data in the query string how can I do?

If security is no concern and you just don't want the data to be
obvious, you could use base64. there are libraries out there to do this.

hth,

Manos

RE: hidden data

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Action Class expects Form content type to be
application/x-www-form-urlencoded
do you have another content-type which the Action class should accomodate?

Martin
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung / Note de déni et de confidentialité

Re: hidden data

Posted by dusty <du...@yahoo.com>.
The common pattern suggested for this requirement is to create interceptors
to decode the values coming in and a jsp library/tag to encode the values in
the link.

Re: hidden data

Posted by PEGASUS84 <pe...@hotmail.it>.
Thank you.
i wish encode data in the query string how can I do?

Re: hidden data

Posted by Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com>.
I think the OP wants to send data with a link (i.e. an HTTP GET) without
those appearing within the URL query string. In short, its cannot be
done. One however can:

* Use POST with hidden fields
* Store the data in the session scope
* Encode the data in the query string

hth,

Manos

Re: hidden data

Posted by PEGASUS84 <pe...@hotmail.it>.
yes is this my question, but my english is orrible.
the problem is that I don't know the hidden tag.
i try with <s:hidden name="x" value="hello"/> but for taking the value of x
in an action How can I do.
I'm using the hidden tag into a link tag

Re: hidden data

Posted by Muthu Velappan <mu...@aspiresys.com>.