Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Ludovic Beliveau (QB/EMC)" <lu...@ericsson.com> on 2006/06/26 17:54:44 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_actions

Hi,

I can't make mod_actions works for apache version 2.0 and 2.2.

I've added the following two lines in my httpd.conf file:
AddHandler sdp-file-type .sdp
Action sdp-file-type /cgi-bin/gen.cgi

Whenever I try to access an .sdp file, I get a 404 not found error.

In case you're wondering, the cgi script works and with server-info I
see my action defined.  Also, on a machine running apache 1.3, the same
config works.

Can somebody has a clue about how I could fix this ?  Or is there
another way I could do this (I simply wants all request for files .sdp
to be redirected to a cgi script) ?

Re: [users@httpd] mod_actions

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 6/26/06, Ludovic Beliveau (QB/EMC) <lu...@ericsson.com> wrote:

> I can't make mod_actions works for apache version 2.0 and 2.2.
>
> I've added the following two lines in my httpd.conf file:
> AddHandler sdp-file-type .sdp
> Action sdp-file-type /cgi-bin/gen.cgi
>
> Whenever I try to access an .sdp file, I get a 404 not found error.
>
> In case you're wondering, the cgi script works and with server-info I see my
> action defined.  Also, on a machine running apache 1.3, the same config
> works.
>
> Can somebody has a clue about how I could fix this ?  Or is there another
> way I could do this (I simply wants all request for files .sdp to be
> redirected to a cgi script) ?

Check the 2.2 docs:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_actions.html

Look in particular at the "virtual" keyword.

Or alternatively, just use mod_rewrite to map these requests.

(And yes, this was a change in behavior from 1.3 to 2.0.  But my
opinion is that the new behavior is better.)

Joshua.