Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net> on 2005/12/17 14:29:08 UTC

Re: éèàù.... replaced by X by Spamassassin

At 01:52 PM 12/16/2005, Thomas Manson wrote:
>Hi,
>
>spamassassin replace these kind of character by X in mail subject,
>how can i correct this? (by specifing a charset?)

That's pretty weird. I've never seen or heard of any version of SA do that
before.

Are you sure it's SA that's doing it?

What version of SA? How are you calling it?

Re: éèàù.... replaced by X by Spamassassin

Posted by Thomas Manson <de...@gmail.com>.
yes, that's the only change i've made (add 'munge8bit: 0')

Posted by Michael Monnerie <m....@zmi.at>.
On Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2005 02:11 Thomas Manson wrote:
> In fact it seems that it really was cyrus, as thunderbird was always
> running, i recieved a X'ed mail before the reloading of cyrus. Now it
> works well... sorry

..with munge8bits?

mfg zmi

Posted by Thomas Manson <de...@gmail.com>.
In fact it seems that it really was cyrus, as thunderbird was always
running, i recieved a X'ed mail before the reloading of cyrus. Now it
works well... sorry :o)

Posted by Andrzej Adam Filip <an...@xl.wp.pl>.
Thomas Manson wrote:
> I've just tried munge8bit:0 and I still have accent issue...
> [...]

1) I think there should be space after ":"
munge8bit: 0

2) Have you restarted cyrus server after changing the configuration?

--
[en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.homeunix.net/  Netcraft Site Rank: 504364

Re: éèàù.... replaced by X by Spamassassin

Posted by Thomas Manson <de...@gmail.com>.
I've just tried munge8bit:0 and I still have accent issue...

here is my master.cf
smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
        -o content_filter=spamassassin
#smtps    inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
#  -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
#submission   inet    n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
#  -o smtpd_enforce_tls=yes -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes -o
smtpd_etrn_restrictions=reject
#628      inet  n       -       n       -       -       qmqpd
pickup    fifo  n       -       n       60      1       pickup
cleanup   unix  n       -       n       -       0       cleanup
qmgr      fifo  n       -       n       300     1       qmgr
#qmgr     fifo  n       -       n       300     1       oqmgr
#tlsmgr   fifo  -       -       n       300     1       tlsmgr
rewrite   unix  -       -       n       -       -       trivial-rewrite
bounce    unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
defer     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
trace     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
verify    unix  -       -       n       -       1       verify
flush     unix  n       -       n       1000?   0       flush
proxymap  unix  -       -       n       -       -       proxymap
smtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
relay     unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
#       -o smtp_helo_timeout=5 -o smtp_connect_timeout=5
showq     unix  n       -       n       -       -       showq
error     unix  -       -       n       -       -       error
local     unix  -       n       n       -       -       local
virtual   unix  -       n       n       -       -       virtual
lmtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       lmtp
anvil     unix  -       -       n       -       1       anvil
#
# Interfaces to non-Postfix software. Be sure to examine the manual
# pages of the non-Postfix software to find out what options it wants.
#
# maildrop. See the Postfix MAILDROP_README file for details.
#
maildrop  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=DRhu user=vmail argv=/usr/local/bin/maildrop -d ${recipient}
#
# The Cyrus deliver program has changed incompatibly, multiple times.
#
old-cyrus unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=R user=cyrus argv=/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -e -m
${extension} ${user}
# Cyrus 2.1.5 (Amos Gouaux)
# Also specify in main.cf: cyrus_destination_recipient_limit=1
cyrus     unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  user=cyrus argv=/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver -e -r ${sender} -m
${extension} ${user}
uucp      unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=Fqhu user=uucp argv=uux -r -n -z -a$sender - $nexthop!rmail ($recipient)
ifmail    unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=F user=ftn argv=/usr/lib/ifmail/ifmail -r $nexthop ($recipient)
bsmtp     unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=Fq. user=foo argv=/usr/local/sbin/bsmtp -f $sender $nexthop $recipient
spamassassin unix -     n       n       -       -       pipe
        user=nobody argv=/usr/bin/spamc -f -e
        /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix -oi -f ${sender} ${recipient}

here is a ps -edf | grep spam

root      2861     1  0 Nov24 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/spamd -d -c
-m5 -H -x -q
root     18809  2861  0 17:50 ?        00:00:00 spamd child
root     19026  2861  0 18:09 ?        00:00:00 spamd child
root     19077  2861  0 18:16 ?        00:00:00 spamd child
root     19286  2861  0 18:36 ?        00:00:00 spamd child
root     19717  2861  0 18:55 ?        00:00:00 spamd child
postfix  19817 29520  0 19:08 ?        00:00:00 smtpd -n smtp -t inet
-u -s 2 -o content_filter spamassassin
postfix  19825 29520  0 19:09 ?        00:00:00 pipe -n spamassassin
-t unix user=nobody argv=/usr/bin/spamc -f -e
/usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix -oi -f ${sender} ${recipient}
nobody   19890 19825  0 19:12 ?        00:00:00 /usr/bin/spamc -f -e
/usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix -oi -f denni_Moore@eva.ro
paquerette@localhost.monsite.com

do you see any strange things.

If I want to try to disable spamassassin, is it enough and safe to
comment the second line of :

smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
        -o content_filter=spamassassin

?

Manson Thomas.

Posted by Michael Monnerie <m....@zmi.at>.

Posted by Thomas Manson <de...@gmail.com>.
Andrzej Adam Filip told me that it was probably Cyrus that was doing
this and i've to set munge8bit to 0 in imapd.conf.

I'll try tomorrow (i'm late in buying Xmas presents :op)

I'll give feedback.

Manson Thomas