Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2011/02/20 09:46:42 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ServiceMix 4.3.0 (4th try)

Hi,

We solved 115 issues in this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311208&version=12315741

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-026/

The RELEASE-NOTES file is included in the release and up to date.

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

This vote will be open for 72 hours.

Thanks,
Regards
JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ServiceMix 4.3.0 (4th try)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
My +1

However, Charles saw the examples/web/server/pom.xml file contains
4.3.0-SNAPSHOT in place of 4.3.0.

I'm gonna fix that on the trunk for the next release (4.4.0).
I propose to let 4.3.0 release as it is.

Regards
JB

Re: [CANCEL] [VOTE] Apache ServiceMix 4.3.0 (4th try)

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Jamais deux sans trois .... Many thank for your work JB.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on SMX4-764 to override and update Felix Framework to 3.0.8
> version (in place of the 3.0.2 provided by Karaf).
>
> I have an issue with the examples itests.
>
> The examples itests use AbstractIntegrationTest coming from the NMR.
> Without upgrading the NMR to use Felix Framework 3.0.8, the itests fail
> because there are two bundles exporting org.osgi.util.tracker package.
>
> As I don't wanna release a new NMR version, I propose to disable the itests
> for the release and fix that after the release.
>
> Is it ok for you ?
>
> Thanks
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 02/24/2011 03:36 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> due to a major issue on Apache Felix Framework 3.0.2, I cancel this
>> release.
>>
>> I will resubmit a new one including the following fixes:
>> - override of Felix Framework 3.0.8 in ServiceMix (instead of 3.0.2
>> provided by Karaf)
>> - fixes on examples (web, cxf-nmr, etc)
>>
>> I will resubmit a new 4.3.0 release to vote tonight.
>>
>> Sorry for this new cancellation :/
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 02/20/2011 09:46 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We solved 115 issues in this release:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311208&version=12315741
>>>

>>> Staging repository:
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-026/
>>>

>>> The RELEASE-NOTES file is included in the release and up to date.
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Veto the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Sound good.

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 10:49, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on SMX4-764 to override and update Felix Framework to 3.0.8
> version (in place of the 3.0.2 provided by Karaf).
>
> I have an issue with the examples itests.
>
> The examples itests use AbstractIntegrationTest coming from the NMR.
> Without upgrading the NMR to use Felix Framework 3.0.8, the itests fail
> because there are two bundles exporting org.osgi.util.tracker package.
>
> As I don't wanna release a new NMR version, I propose to disable the itests
> for the release and fix that after the release.
>
> Is it ok for you ?
>
> Thanks
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 02/24/2011 03:36 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> due to a major issue on Apache Felix Framework 3.0.2, I cancel this
>> release.
>>
>> I will resubmit a new one including the following fixes:
>> - override of Felix Framework 3.0.8 in ServiceMix (instead of 3.0.2
>> provided by Karaf)
>> - fixes on examples (web, cxf-nmr, etc)
>>
>> I will resubmit a new 4.3.0 release to vote tonight.
>>
>> Sorry for this new cancellation :/
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 02/20/2011 09:46 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We solved 115 issues in this release:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311208&version=12315741
>>>

>>> Staging repository:
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-026/
>>>

>>> The RELEASE-NOTES file is included in the release and up to date.
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Veto the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [CANCEL] [VOTE] Apache ServiceMix 4.3.0 (4th try)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Nevermind,

I fixed this one.

Tests are in progress with the examples.

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi all,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi all,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update Freeman.

I promote the release like it is.

Anyway, I'm gonna work on examples for the 4.4.0 release.

Regards
JB

On 02/24/2011 08:27 AM, Freeman Fang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Both issues are felix only(it's all ok with equinox)
> On 2011-2-24, at 下午2:59, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>
>> Team,
>>
>> I would like to promote the release but my latest tests on examples
>> don't look fine
>>
>> - features:install examples-cxf-nmr
>> NoClassDefFoundError: javax.xml.namespace.QName not found from bundle
>> [cxf-nmr]
> Add javax.xml.namespace in examples/cxf-nmr/pom.xml Package-Import and run
> "mvn clean install"
> then
> features:install examples-cxf-nmr
> would be ok
>>
>> - features:install examples-camel-nmr
>> It works, but several
>> IllegalStateException: zip file closed (coming from Felix Framework util)
>> and a
>> ClassNotFoundException:
>> org.apache.servicemix.nmr.api.service.ServiceHelper
> I think this is caused by a felix specific issue[1] when refresh
> bundles, this can occur when you install features which provide some
> optional package import to other bundles, so bundle refresh happen.
>
> IMHO, both issues are not shop stopper issues for this release.
> [1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2480
>
> Freeman
>

>> The other examples features look good (including camel-nmr-blueprint).
>>
>> Could somebody make some tries ?
>> Anyway, it's clear that the examples should be updated to use
>> Blueprint in place of Spring beans (I think it's more clear for the
>> users) for ServiceMix 4.4.0.
>>
>> I think that we can promote the release as it's but we should add an
>> appendix concerning examples.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 02/20/2011 09:46 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We solved 115 issues in this release:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311208&version=12315741
>>>

>>> Staging repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-026/
>>>

>>> The RELEASE-NOTES file is included in the release and up to date.
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Veto the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Freeman Fang

------------------------

FuseSource: http://fusesource.com
blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/freemanfang
Apache Cxf: http://cxf.apache.org
Apache Karaf: http://karaf.apache.org
Apache Felix: http://felix.apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache ServiceMix 4.3.0 (4th try)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
As Freemand said (and I tested it), adding javax.xml.namespace in
examples/cxf-nmr/pom.xml Package-Import fix the issue.

Regards
JB

On 02/24/2011 08:43 AM, Charles Moulliard wrote:
> Hi JB,
>
> The first point is really blocking as I discover it with another
> project that I deploy on ServiceMix 4.3.0
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax.xml.namespace.QName not found
>
> I will check why we have this error.
>
> Regards,
>
> Charles
>

> On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<jb...@nanthrax.net>  wrote:
>> Team,
>>
>> I would like to promote the release but my latest tests on examples don't
>> look fine
>>
>> - features:install examples-cxf-nmr
>> NoClassDefFoundError: javax.xml.namespace.QName not found from bundle
>> [cxf-nmr]
>>
>> - features:install examples-camel-nmr
>> It works, but several
>> IllegalStateException: zip file closed (coming from Felix Framework util)
>> and a
>> ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.servicemix.nmr.api.service.ServiceHelper
>>
>> The other examples features look good (including camel-nmr-blueprint).
>>
>> Could somebody make some tries ?
>> Anyway, it's clear that the examples should be updated to use Blueprint in
>> place of Spring beans (I think it's more clear for the users) for ServiceMix
>> 4.4.0.
>>
>> I think that we can promote the release as it's but we should add an
>> appendix concerning examples.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 02/20/2011 09:46 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We solved 115 issues in this release:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311208&version=12315741
>>>

>>> Staging repository:
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-026/
>>>
>>> The RELEASE-NOTES file is included in the release and up to date.
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Veto the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Agree,

I already raised the related Jira and I'm working on Felix 3.0.8 tests.

Regards
JB

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Jean-Baptiste,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update Gert.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a plan ! :-) Thx a lot for the hard work.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gert,

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> My impression is that Felix is still a bit buggy, but they are working on it.
> And the community is listening and we have people in this community we
> help out there as well.
> So I am confident that over time Felix has the potential to be the
> default container and work really great.
>
> Currently Equinox is the default container, and so far I think its
> more known that Felix and people are more confortable using that.

Sorry my bad. Apache SMX has Felix as default. Where as Fuse ESB has equinox.

PS: Felix is a much better name to spell, and google. So go Felix :)
Wonder which non english person, who can spell equinox correctly the first time?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>>> look fine
>>>
>>> - features:install examples-cxf-nmr
>>> NoClassDefFoundError: javax.xml.namespace.QName not found from bundle
>>> [cxf-nmr]
>>>
>>> - features:install examples-camel-nmr
>>> It works, but several
>>> IllegalStateException: zip file closed (coming from Felix Framework util)
>>> and a
>>> ClassNotFoundException:
>>> org.apache.servicemix.nmr.api.service.ServiceHelper
>>>
>>> The other examples features look good (including camel-nmr-blueprint).
>>>
>>> Could somebody make some tries ?
>>> Anyway, it's clear that the examples should be updated to use Blueprint
>>> in
>>> place of Spring beans (I think it's more clear for the users) for
>>> ServiceMix
>>> 4.4.0.
>>>
>>> I think that we can promote the release as it's but we should add an

>>> Regards

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
> [...]

>> place of Spring beans (I think it's more clear for the users) for ServiceMix
>> 4.4.0.
>>
>> I think that we can promote the release as it's but we should add an
>> appendix concerning examples.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 02/20/2011 09:46 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We solved 115 issues in this release:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311208&version=12315741
>>>

>>> Staging repository:
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-026/
>>>
>>> The RELEASE-NOTES file is included in the release and up to date.
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Veto the release (please provide specific comments)

>>> Regards

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Team,

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Kind regards,
Andreas

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 8:10 AM, Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> Thanks
>> Freeman
>>
>> On 2011-2-20, at 下午4:46, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> We solved 115 issues in this release:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311208&version=12315741
>>>
>>> Staging repository:
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-026/
>>>
>>> The RELEASE-NOTES file is included in the release and up to date.
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Veto the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Freeman Fang

------------------------

Posted by Johan Edstrom <jo...@acj-consulting.com>.
+1

Posted by UlhasBhole <ap...@gmail.com>.
+1,

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Chris Custine

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S,

+1

@Joris: It's perhaps best to raise a JIRA issue for that - be sure to
add the full stacktrace you're seeing to the issue.  The demo
installed fine on my machine with both Felix and Equinox, but if it's
only happening intermittently I might just have been lucky here ;)

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Joris Schoolmeesters
<jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 (non-binding)
>
> Though, while testing with Felix I found that the examples-camel-nmr
> was intermediatly throwing errors at me like  'ERROR JarContent:
> unable to read bytes'.
> Should I raise a jira issue about this?
>
> Greetings,
> Joris S
>

> 2011/2/21 Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>:
>> +1
>> On 20 Feb 2011, at 08:46, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We solved 115 issues in this release:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311208&version=12315741
>>>
>>> Staging repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-026/
>>>
>>> The RELEASE-NOTES file is included in the release and up to date.
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Veto the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

Posted by Joris Schoolmeesters <jo...@gmail.com>.