Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Wei Hsu <wh...@openharbor.com> on 2004/08/04 01:56:21 UTC

Fault Processing infrastructure in AXIS

Hi all,

I am building a Wrapped service using AXIS 1.2 beta.  I was wondering if
there was any way for me to centrally process the AxisFault/Exceptions
generated by AXIS before they are marshaled back to client applications.
For instance, I know that when a handler currently throws an AxisFault, the
handler's onFault will be invoked, so I can process the exception there.
However when an Exception is thrown by a service, I'm not sure whether I
have a chance to process the Exception before the Exception is marshaled
back to the client.  In Apache SOAP, there is a concept of a FaultListener
that can process a server Exception before prorogating that info back to the
client.  Is there a similar framework for AXIS?  Thanks in advance for any
information you can give.

Wei