Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Abha Shrimal <ab...@rediffmail.com> on 2006/10/04 09:11:36 UTC

Transfering files between projects within a single repository retaining history

Hi All,

Is there a way to copy or move files and directories between different projects within the same subversion repository and still retain the revision history.

I am trying to change the layout of my repository and want to move some files and directories from two projects to another project within the same repository and also want to retain the history of the files and directories moved.

Thanks and Regards,
Abha.

Re: Transfering files between projects within a single repository retaining history

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On 4 Oct 2006 09:11:36 -0000, Abha Shrimal <ab...@rediffmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is there a way to copy or move files and directories between different
> projects within the same subversion repository and still retain the revision
> history.
>
> I am trying to change the layout of my repository and want to move some
> files and directories from two projects to another project within the same
> repository and also want to retain the history of the files and directories
> moved.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Abha.

Questions like these typically belong on the users mailing list
users@subversion.tigris.org. Please direct any questions related to the use
of Subversion there. This list is dedicated to the development of subversion
itself.

Thanks in advance.

Bye,

Erik.