Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Dulvin Witharane <du...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/07 17:14:48 UTC

Apache Arrow development using CLion

Hi,

I was looking to use CLion as the IDE for arrow development. Any guides to
get started? Importing directly into CLion does not work as of now for me.

Env:
Architecture: Apple M1
Os: Mac OS Monterey
CLion Ver: CLion 2022.1.2

Thanks & Regards,
--
*Witharane, D.R.H.*

Software Engineer
Colombo 03
Mobile : *+94 7 <%2B94%2071%201127241>7 6746781*
Skype  : dulvin.rivindu
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/people/Dulvin-Witharane/> | LinkedIn
<https://lk.linkedin.com/in/dulvin>

Re: Apache Arrow development using CLion

Posted by Yue Ni <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dulvin,

I used CLion when working with Apache Arrow C++. You can give CMake presets
[1] a try. CLion started to support CMake presets last year (2021.2) and
your version (2022.1.2) should work fine [2]. And Apache Arrow provides
several CMake presets [3], which you can choose from depending on your
development area.

[1] CMake presets, https://www.jetbrains.com/help/clion/cmake-presets.html
[2] CLion CMake presets,
https://www.jetbrains.com/help/clion/cmake-presets.html