Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@apache.org> on 2022/12/03 14:06:57 UTC

Re: SolrClient should be immutable?

Quick update, there is actually an existing JIRA, SOLR-8975 that was specifically about this issue.

I've closed the current PR, and reopened it as https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/1211, tied to SOLR-8975.   Once I get a LGTM or two, I plan on committing it.

I'll then go through the list of subtasks on SOLR-8975 and either resolve them as done, or go ahead and do more PR's to get them to done.

Then I plan on opening a PR for discussion on removing the deprecated methods in main, and potentially in 9x.