Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ca...@ocean7.com on 2004/03/15 16:54:46 UTC

book postphoned

Got this message from Bookpool:

>Publication of  "Tapestry in Action" has been
>postponed indefinitely. Because we will not be
>able to get this book for you, we have cancelled
>your order for this book. If you have any
>questions concerning another book title please
>email us.

Carst

Re: book postphoned

Posted by Jamis Buck <jg...@email.byu.edu>.
carst@ocean7.com wrote:
> Got this message from Bookpool:
>

>>Publication of  "Tapestry in Action" has been
>>postponed indefinitely. Because we will not be
>>able to get this book for you, we have cancelled
>>your order for this book. If you have any
>>questions concerning another book title please
>>email us.
>

> Carst

That's odd, since Howard reported on his blog that he recieved 24 copies
of it just a few days ago.  It has obviously been published, therefore...

Anyone know anything else about it?

--
Jamis Buck
jgb3@email.byu.edu

ruby -h | ruby -e
'a=[];readlines.join.scan(/-(.)\[e|Kk(\S*)|le.l(..)e|#!(\S*)/) {|r| a <<
r.compact.first };puts "\n>#{a.join(%q/ /)}<\n\n"'

Re: book postphoned

Posted by Serge Beaumont <se...@sogeti.nl>.
Maybe Carst ordered another "Tapestry in Action": the one by Molly
Macrame and Elizabeth M. Broidery ;-)

Re: book postphoned

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.

Re: book postphoned

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
I just pinged Manning about this.  TIA has not been postponed.  In
fact, Howard got his copies already:

	http://javatapestry.blogspot.com//archives/
2004_03_01_javatapestry_archive.html#107919493093891348

Don't fret... TIA is on its way off the presses!

	Erik

On Mar 15, 2004, at 10:54 AM, carst@ocean7.com wrote:

> Got this message from Bookpool:
>
>> Publication of  "Tapestry in Action" has been
>> postponed indefinitely. Because we will not be
>> able to get this book for you, we have cancelled
>> your order for this book. If you have any
>> questions concerning another book title please
>> email us.
>
> Carst

Re: book postphoned

Posted by ca...@ocean7.com.
Bookpool again:

>Manning Press has just confirmed a new
>publication date for "Tapestry in Action".
>It is now scheduled for publication by the end of
>this month. Please confirm if you would like to re-
>place your order for this title.

  Howard> That's news to me!  I mean, I have twenty-odd copies of it on my
  Howard> dining room table. Should be in book stores in about two weeks or
  Howard> less.

  Howard> P.S. Get a spellchecker before posting inflammatory mail!

no inflammatory intention on my side. just letting the list know what Bookpool
did with my order. maybe private and of no further concern, but odd anyway.
let's just forget about it.

best wishes,
Carst
--
Carsten Heinrigs
Ocean-7 Development

RE: book postphoned

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
That's news to me!  I mean, I have twenty-odd copies of it on my dining room table. Should be in
book stores in about two weeks or less.

P.S. Get a spellchecker before posting inflammatory mail!

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components
http://howardlewisship.com