Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by David DeMizio <dd...@ncf.edu> on 2013/12/10 19:45:11 UTC

disable timeout

Hello,

Is there a way to disable the timeout feature in VCL . I noticed that if I
connect and then disconnect that vcl timeouts my reservation after 15
minutes. I don't think we want this feature because a student might start a
program and close out there rdp and then come back to it later to check on
the status, so I would not want them to lose their work. Thank You.

Re: disable timeout

Posted by David DeMizio <dd...@ncf.edu>.
Nevermind, found this in the code If the "checkuser" flag is set for the
image that the user requested,
 this process will periodically check to make sure the user is still
 connected. Users have 15 minutes to reconnect before the machine is
 reclaimed. Sorry

David DeMizio
*Academic Systems Coordinator*
Office of Information Technology