Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/11 02:56:00 UTC

Accumulo ITs on ASF Jenkins

For those who haven't noticed Sean's great work so far:

   https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Accumulo/job/Accumulo-master-IT/

Kudus to you and thanks for your work already! This is much better than
I expected was possible on ASF infra.

Sean, I do have one question for you: I see that the integration tests
are provided as an "axis" to the test matrix (tests enumerated in job
configuration). Is this something that we would need to update as more
tests as added? Do you have plans (or something already in place) that
could automatically figure out the set of ITs for the Jenkins job?

- Josh

Re: Accumulo ITs on ASF Jenkins

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Cool. I'll have to take a look at clusterdock. I haven't stumbled on
this one yet :)

re Grind, there's a great article by Andrew Wang talking about it
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2016/05/quality-assurance-at-cloudera-distributed-unit-testing/.
I did not realize that was publicly available.

Posted by Dima Spivak <ds...@cloudera.com>.

--
-Dima

Re: Accumulo ITs on ASF Jenkins

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

--
busbey

Re: Accumulo ITs on ASF Jenkins

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
I just saw a note over in HBase where someone remarked on an
unexpectedly long job time. It might have just be a transient spike in
load on one of the build servers. I haven't cross-referenced things, but
just thought I'd mention it.

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Cool. Thanks for the info!