Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org> on 2021/09/30 02:02:45 UTC

[QA AUTOMATION] Standalone Tests now available in standalone-test branch

Hi All,

cc: dev@

Just an FYI on the status of my work on allowing the automated test
suites to compile and run tests without a working AOO build environment.
I've started a new branch standalone-test [1] with a README file
explaining the usage.

So far I've been able to run tests on CentOS 7 and Windows 10.
It would be great if others could try other platforms as well.

All that's required is Ant and Java.
I should probably add that to the README somewhere :)

I'd also like feedback on if this causes any unintended consequences for
those that may use the tests as they are today.

Again, the big difference is current trunk, AOO41X, AOO42X, etc tests
require having first ran a build and the test compile had dependencies
on the Java UNO jars and tools like javamaker, regmerge, and idlc where
I've changed this branch to use the office to be tested for the
dependencies.
This also means it requires a SDK be installed in the office under
test's root directory.
I think this is a good trade off that allows more people to run tests
and work on them also.

This and more is in the test/README.

Please let me know if you have any questions or trouble testing.

[1] https://github.com/cbmarcum/openoffice/tree/standalone-test/test

Thanks,
Carl

Re: [QA AUTOMATION] Standalone Tests now available in standalone-test branch

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 30.09.21 um 04:02 schrieb Carl Marcum:
> Just an FYI on the status of my work on allowing the automated test
> suites to compile and run tests without a working AOO build environment.
> I've started a new branch standalone-test [1] with a README file
> explaining the usage.
>
> [...]

thanks for your work. That this test suite is now more modern but first
of all usable with a fresh build AOO is a really great improvement.

Marcus

Re: [QA AUTOMATION] Standalone Tests now available in standalone-test branch

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.