Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Zhou Jiang <jz...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/19 04:42:36 UTC

Is it possible to use Mahout Random Forests work with image(pixel) data in libsvm format?

Hi All,

The Default Random Forests MapReduce works with UCI glass data.

ID f1 f2 f3 … fn L

Is there a way to make it work with image data in libsvm format(Sparse Representation) listed as blow:

L index1:feature1 index2:feature2 … indexk:featurek

Thanks

Re: Is it possible to use Mahout Random Forests work with image(pixel) data in libsvm format?

Posted by Zhou Jiang <jz...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your reply. But the data is very sparse and reformat the input file means add a lot of zero, which will affect the performance.
To me, it’s better to stick to the sparse representation.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.