Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org> on 2019/05/31 03:39:11 UTC

How about add warning notes to 2.7.1 release notes to warn users of one known critical problem?

Hi, All

Recently, we keep receiving issues from the community reporting duplicate URL addresses in Registry, mostly zookeeper, after upgrading to 2.7.1. Those URLs are all pushed to the Consumer and because only one of the duplicated URLs is valid, it causes the consumer to fail when the consumer chooses the invalid one during load balance.

So I am thinking of add the following warning notes on top of 2.7.1 release notes[1] to warn users of the possible risks before our release of 2.7.2.

——————
Warning: According to reports from the community, be aware of possible Service Discovery problems in certain circumstances. Check #4213 for details.
风险提示:升级到2.7.1版本后注册中心(多数是zookeeper)会出现重复URL地址数据无法删除,导致消费方拿到的是失效地址,从而导致调用失败的问题,2.7.2版本里面会修复此问题,预计6月初发布。详细原因请参考#4213。

Jun

Re: How about add warning notes to 2.7.1 release notes to warn users of one known critical problem?

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
Here’s the 2.7.1 release notes link https://github.com/apache/dubbo/releases/tag/dubbo-2.7.1

Jun

Re: How about add warning notes to 2.7.1 release notes to warn users of one known critical probletm?

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
good idea.

Posted by YunKun Huang <hy...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason Joo <hb...@163.com>.
hi, jun

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason Joo <hb...@163.com>.
Hi, lan

Addressing issue also due to some changes recently and was fixed just after when 2.7.1 was released.

Now i have checked our internal branch based on older master but newer than 2.7.1 that has no issue currently.

best regards,

Jason

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
Jason

Posted by Jason Joo <hb...@163.com>.
Hi, lan

I have checked that day and found our internal branch was base on master newer than the release.
And the reason generating the internal branch is that the address fetching logic is not correct in release 2.7.1 (Surely the static registration is another problem). So we escape from this issue fortunately.

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
Jason,

Posted by Jason Joo <hb...@163.com>.
hi, jun