Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by raulvk <ra...@atosorigin.com> on 2008/03/27 19:55:00 UTC

Additional loggers

Hi Everyone,

I am a ServiceMix newbie and I'm trying out to write some examples to
understand how it works, but some weird things are happening. But before
asking you to help me fix them, I would like to try and solve them on my
own.

For that purpose, I have activated the DEBUG level on all the loggers that
are present in the log4j.xml file, as it came in the binary distribution of
ServiceMix 3.2.1. They are the following:

    <logger name="org.apache">
    <logger name="org.springframework">
    <logger name="org.jencks">
    <logger name="org.apache.activemq">
    <logger name="org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery">
    <logger name="org.apache.servicemix">
    <logger name="org.apache.servicemix.jbi.config">
    <logger name="org.apache.servicemix.jbi.deployment">

My question is whether there are any other loggers that I could activate to
get extra information? DeliveryChannel information would be interesting, as
well as informatino on receipt of exchanges by service units...

Where could I find this information? Is it somewhere on the JavaDocs?

Thank you very much!

Raul.

Re: Additional loggers

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 12:55 PM, raulvk <ra...@atosorigin.com> wrote:

>  Hi Everyone,
>
>  I am a ServiceMix newbie and I'm trying out to write some examples to
>  understand how it works, but some weird things are happening. But before
>  asking you to help me fix them, I would like to try and solve them on my
>  own.
>
>  For that purpose, I have activated the DEBUG level on all the loggers that
>  are present in the log4j.xml file, as it came in the binary distribution of
>  ServiceMix 3.2.1. They are the following:
>
>     <logger name="org.apache">
>     <logger name="org.springframework">
>     <logger name="org.jencks">
>     <logger name="org.apache.activemq">
>     <logger name="org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery">
>     <logger name="org.apache.servicemix">
>     <logger name="org.apache.servicemix.jbi.config">
>     <logger name="org.apache.servicemix.jbi.deployment">
>
>  My question is whether there are any other loggers that I could activate to
>  get extra information? DeliveryChannel information would be interesting, as
>  well as informatino on receipt of exchanges by service units...
>
>  Where could I find this information? Is it somewhere on the JavaDocs?

I wouldn't suggest changing the log level to debug for any packages
except those that are part of org.apache.servicemix. You could also
enable the org.apache.activemq logger at the debug level if you really
need it, but the others will just simply produce way too much logging
and will get in the way of easily parsing the log output for what you
really need.

As far as enabling additional loggers, each logger is just simply a
package path. So you'll need to poke through the ServiceMix Javadocs
or source code to find classes whose output you'd like to see and
enable their package path by adding a logger element to the log4j.xml
file.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/