Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Balaji R <ba...@comat.com> on 2003/07/23 15:40:58 UTC

filters

Am using Struts with tomcat.
Can I use ServletFilters for processing login permissions on URLs?
Or would I have to rewrite the controller Action Class adding a if-then-else
there?
'Cause the web.xml dosent have the servlet entries for rest of the action
classes.

Re: filters

Posted by Sean Radford <sr...@bladesystems.co.uk>.
Struts will work with Container based authentication/authorisation (a+a)
and with Servlet Filters. If you plan/need to use a Filter to do a+a
with a Filter, take a look at http://securityfilter.org/

Sean

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 14:40, Balaji R wrote:
> Am using Struts with tomcat.
> Can I use ServletFilters for processing login permissions on URLs?
> Or would I have to rewrite the controller Action Class adding a if-then-else
> there?
> 'Cause the web.xml dosent have the servlet entries for rest of the action
> classes.

Dr. Sean Radford, MBBS, MSc
<sr...@bladesystems.co.uk>
http://bladesys.demon.co.uk/
Blade Systems

RE: filters

Posted by Mohan Radhakrishnan <mr...@cellexchange.com>.
 Struts doesn't have anything to do with Servlet filters (Servlets 2.3). You
can use filters.
 You don't have to rewrite anything.
 web.xml only has entries for servlets. A Struts action is not a servlet. Do
you mean role based permissions for actions ?

Mohan

RE: filters

Posted by Cecile Mercado <ce...@radianse.com>.
Use Tomcat's container managed (user) authorization, via one of the Realms
(I use JDBCRealm, but there are others) - this has nothing to do with
Struts.  Search Tomcat's website about this - it's pretty well-documented, I
think.
- Cecile