Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Wessels, H" <H....@t-systems.com> on 2002/08/30 12:47:33 UTC

How to hide panes according to user roles?

Hi,
I'm using jetspeed 1.4b1. For a multi-step registration process I want to restrict
a user profile during registration to only one pane containing the registration
portlet. After successful registration the registration pane should disappear
and several other panes should show up providing the normal functionality of the portal.

After the first step of the registration the user will be created (with a role
"public" instead of the normal "user"), and is logged in automatically. After
completing the registration I switch the role back to "user".

I tried the "security-ref"-tags in the profile, but the panes still appear,
even when no access is defined (only the icons are missing). I also tried to
change the psml-file, but couldn't find out the right way to switch the profiles.

I'm looking forward to comments, examples etc. :-)

Thanks,
Holger
--
Holger Weßels
T-Systems Nova GmbH

Re: How to hide panes according to user roles?

Posted by Hugh Brien <hp...@comcast.net>.
Don't use portlets for the initial screen.  Use the Turbine Login screen.
It's not a portlet is a regular Turbine screen.  If you want to make the
portal not available until an account is created just modify the
layout/default.vm.

r,
Hugh

[...]

For additional commands, e-mail: