Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Graham Chapman <gr...@patia.com> on 2002/08/20 10:06:11 UTC

Releases not being signed any more?

I see that Tomcat binary releases after 3.3.1 do not have accompanying
digital signatures from the developers. I have scoured the mailing list
archives and FAQ's and I can't see where the signatures have been moved or
why they are not there. Are they there where I haven't looked, or has the
release signing procedure been discontinued?

I am interested because of the recent spate of FTP server hacking - OpenSSH
just the other week. I have to be careful of what I install on my
employer's network, and Tomcat is not a good place to have a trojan inserted.

Thanks for the excellent software.

Graham
-----
Graham Chapman