Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2013/01/02 00:15:08 UTC

Re: Logging

Le lundi 24 décembre 2012 09:12:07 Jason van Zyl a écrit :
> If we want to put aside the debate, Ceki has figured out a way for use SLF4J
> Simple by resetting the streams and logging level. Which I can try if we
> want to go down that path. I didn't have to do any work in SLF4J myself so
> I'm fine with this approach.
is there something visible somewhere?
I didn't find any discussion on slf4j-dev or slf4j-user mailing lists nor any
code in slf4j git repo

resetting TARGET_STREAM in SimpleLogger [1] would require a publid method
or I imagine we can even tweak private field access and private method
invocation through reflection

how are we supposed to work on this?

Regards,

Hervé

[1] https://github.com/qos-ch/slf4j/blob/master/slf4j-
simple/src/main/java/org/slf4j/impl/SimpleLogger.java

Re: Logging

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
yes, I'm stuck with classloader isolation MNG-5406
I don't see how to add a classworlds rule to do that
if you can help me find the proper way to to it, it would be nice, please

Regards,

Hervé

Re: Logging

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io>.
Cool, do you still need help with the classloader isolation? If not I'll move on to the Aether work.

On Jan 6, 2013, at 5:52 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> wrote:

> done in 72bdc8602e5112aa273adc46b06d41c41f0f64a8
>
> resetting slf4j factory wasn't sufficient: needed to so the same for slf4j-
> simple, with same technique
>
> Core ITs now run on my machine: great!
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé
>
> Le mercredi 2 janvier 2013 08:20:12 Hervé BOUTEMY a écrit :
>> yes, Maven isn't an app server, strict security manager shouldn't be an
>> issue: if someone knows of a situation where it would be, please tell it :)
>>
>> the very good news with this solution is that it is at slf4j-api level, not
>> dependent on logging implementation!
>>
>> I'll look at it in the WE, if nobody beats me at it: the solution is crystal
>> clear, anybody interested in doing some code in core should be able to
>> implement it
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Hervé
>>
>> Le mardi 1 janvier 2013 20:58:18 Jason van Zyl a écrit :
>>> It is. You create that package structure in your app to access it.
>>>
>>> jvz

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.

 -- Benjamin Franklin

Re: Logging

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Re: Logging