Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Kashif Inam <ka...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/08 08:46:08 UTC

Commons Email - Mail Sending Error

 Hi

I am using Commons Email, SimpleEmail object is created and values are being
set. But when i execute that code, it throughs
exception with following description

"errorsorg.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Sending the email to the
following server failed :"

Please suggest me to resolve my problem. I have written following code
/*********************************************************************************/
 SimpleEmail email = new SimpleEmail();

email.setHostName("mail.myserver.com");
                        //email.setSmtpPort(465);
                        email.addTo(" test@gmail.com", "XYZ");
                        email.setFrom("test@server.com", "FROM");
                        email.setSubject("Subject");
                        email.setMsg("Sample Text");
                        email.send();

/*****************************************************************************/

Thanks
 Kashif Inam

Re: Commons Email - Mail Sending Error

Posted by "C. Grobmeier" <gr...@possessed.de>.

Having a similar problem lateley, i forgot to set the authenticator.
Do you have the "relay access denied" problem? Looks like that...

Regards,
Chris

Dion Gillard wrote:
> Any more detail in the exception stack trace?
>
> On 4/8/06, Kashif Inam <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am using Commons Email, SimpleEmail object is created and values are
>> being
>> set. But when i execute that code, it throughs
>> exception with following description
>>
>> "errorsorg.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Sending the email to the
>> following server failed :"
>>
>> Please suggest me to resolve my problem. I have written following code
>>
>> /*********************************************************************************/
>> SimpleEmail email = new SimpleEmail();
>>
>> email.setHostName("mail.myserver.com");
>>                         //email.setSmtpPort(465);
>>                         email.addTo(" test@gmail.com", "XYZ");
>>                         email.setFrom("test@server.com", "FROM");
>>                         email.setSubject("Subject");
>>                         email.setMsg("Sample Text");
>>                         email.send();
>>

>> /*****************************************************************************/
>>
>> Thanks
>> Kashif Inam

> Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light. Not because Chuck Norris is afraid
> of the dark, but because the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris

- --
Christian Grobmeier
Possessed Management
Hurlacher Str. 5 - 86853 Langerringen - Germany
E-Mail: grobmeier@possessed.de
Mobil: +(49)(0)175 57 66830
Fax: +(49) (0)8232 959119
Web: http://www.possessed.de