Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/02 01:18:18 UTC

Posting announcements across multiple instances?

We have several Continuum instances, and one thing that would be nice
is to be able to easily place a message on all of the servers, for
example about an upcoming scheduled outage.

(Well, first it would be nice to be able to post announcements at all,
currently it would probably take editing a JSP. :) )  Maybe it would
'include' something from a url so I only have to change it in one
place.

Does anyone else have this particular itch?  With this, and with the
build results page, I want to be able to add a section to the page--
this announcement, or a link to security scanning results, or...

--
Wendy

Re: Posting announcements across multiple instances?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> separate project / group / server messages sound useful. I'm not sure
> what you mean by builds results page - that sounds more like a build
> specific thing like the surefire report?

I was just thinking out loud about being able to add a component to an
arbitrary page.

> As for multiple servers, I think it'd be best to tie that together
> with any work on distributing workload and aggregating the results.

True, if work is distributed and there is only one UI on a master
server, then the need to display a message on every server goes away.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
separate project / group / server messages sound useful. I'm not sure
what you mean by builds results page - that sounds more like a build
specific thing like the surefire report?

As for multiple servers, I think it'd be best to tie that together
with any work on distributing workload and aggregating the results.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter