Posted to user@ant.apache.org by neogeo <g....@optusnet.com.au> on 2008/03/12 01:23:31 UTC

ant checking result status

Hi all,

I am an ANT newbie and have a few questions.  I have the following task
which works but wondering if I could check the result status from the http
url.

<target name="is_jboss_running" depends="">
		<description>Checks if the JBoss Server is running.</description>
		<echo>Testing if the JBoss Server is running on ${jboss.url}</echo>
		 <condition property="is_jboss_running" else="false">
		 	<http url="${jboss.url}"/>
		    </condition>
		 <echo message="Is JBoss running? ... [ ${is_jboss_running} ]"/>
</target>

This outputs...
[echo] Testing if the JBoss Server is running on http://localhost:8080
Checking for http://localhost:8080
Result code for http://localhost:8080 was 200
[echo] Is JBoss running? ... [ true ]

Which is fine, but I am wondering if its possible to grep or run a reg ex on
the return string "Result code for http://localhost:8080 was 200" and test
for http status codes ie 200.

I have seen this from anteater
http://aft.sourceforge.net/manual/Getting%20started.html which will do
exactly what I am asking but I would like to explore the core ant features
features before resulting to add an external tool.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Re: ant checking result status

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
neogeo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am an ANT newbie and have a few questions.  I have the following task
> which works but wondering if I could check the result status from the http
> url.
>
> <target name="is_jboss_running" depends="">
> 		<description>Checks if the JBoss Server is running.</description>
> 		<echo>Testing if the JBoss Server is running on ${jboss.url}</echo>
> 		 <condition property="is_jboss_running" else="false">
> 		 	<http url="${jboss.url}"/>
> 		    </condition>
> 		 <echo message="Is JBoss running? ... [ ${is_jboss_running} ]"/>
> </target>
>
> This outputs...
> [echo] Testing if the JBoss Server is running on http://localhost:8080
> Checking for http://localhost:8080
> Result code for http://localhost:8080 was 200
> [echo] Is JBoss running? ... [ true ]
>
> Which is fine, but I am wondering if its possible to grep or run a reg ex on
> the return string "Result code for http://localhost:8080 was 200" and test
> for http status codes ie 200.

Change the errorsBeginAt attribute in <http> to be 201, and then only

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/