Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Carles <ca...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/29 13:30:22 UTC

MQTT transport

I'm thinking on implement the MQTT transport.
Is there any developement ongoing?

Re: MQTT transport

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Well,

You could try to backport / re-implement the MQTT protocol for ActiveMQ 5.x
 What I did only works against Apollo which is no where nearly as
extensively used as ActiveMQ 5.x

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Carles <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Chirino
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I was looking for some development to make a contribution,
> and ActiveMQ transport MQTT caught my attention.
> I can still make a piece of software to ActiveMQ, as an exercise for my own
> amusement,
> without looking at your code :-)
> Then maybe I can develop a XMPP or QMTP transport in ActiveMQ, if not done
> yet :-)
>
> Any suggestions will be appreciated.
>
> regards,
>
> PS: Camel is a very interesting project also.

**

*Hiram Chirino*

*Software Fellow | FuseSource Corp.*

*chirino@fusesource.com | fusesource.com*

*skype: hiramchirino | twitter: @hiramchirino<http://twitter.com/hiramchirino>
*

*blog: Hiram Chirino's Bit Mojo <http://hiramchirino.com/blog/>*

*
*

*
*

Re: MQTT transport

Re: MQTT transport

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Hi Carles,

I've been working on an MQTT transport plugin for Apollo.  You can find it
on github at:

https://github.com/fusesource/fuse-extra/tree/master/fusemq-apollo/fusemq-apollo-mqtt

Let me know if you have any issues building / using it.