Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Brooks <jm...@hotmail.com> on 2005/05/19 17:47:46 UTC

[dev-tools] was Re: Against using Java to implement Java (Was: Java)

>If we are going to entertain writing most of the JVM in a type-safe
>language, we should also consider the proposed ECMA C++/CLI.  From
>what I understand, it standardizes a form of type-safe C++.  It has
>the promise of keeping both the Java and C camps happy.

Not really.  First, it is a Microsoft thing, tied in with .NET.  Second, we
don't want to have to depend on a .NET runtime to get a Java runtime.
Third, never try to implement a large and  complex existing project in a
brand new technology.

Re: [dev-tools] was Re: Against using Java to implement Java (Was: Java)

Posted by FaeLLe <mr...@gmail.com>.
So have to agree with Mark...........

Making a JVM in a .NET language this deserves a ......... LOL

Sorry if i sound out of order had to do it :s

www.FaeLLe.com <http://www.FaeLLe.com>