Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Charles Wright <ch...@live.ca> on 2016/03/02 11:04:21 UTC

Yarn Client Compilation Error

The following is output from my build:

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR]
/home/charles/git/hadoop/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/yarn/client/api/impl/AMRMClientImpl.java:[75,53]
package org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager does not exist

I am trying to import org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager to
my class and am receiving compile errors. I tried editing the POM.xml in
/hadoop/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-client/ to include
the following dependency:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
<artifactId>hadoop-yarn-server-resourcemanager</artifactId>
</dependency>

and it doesn't work. How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Charles.

Re: Yarn Client Compilation Error

Posted by Daniel Templeton <da...@cloudera.com>.
There's already a dependency defined in yarn-client, but it's test only:

     <dependency>
           <groupId>org.apache.hadoop</groupId>
<artifactId>hadoop-yarn-server-resourcemanager</artifactId>
       <scope>test</scope>
       </dependency>

Remove the scope and you should be in business, as long as you don't
plan to check it in. :)

Daniel

Posted by Charlie Wright <ch...@live.ca>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.